****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.

judianne

I just finished attaching the last square I plan on making for my quarantine blanket. It's just slightly shorter than twin bed size. I'm short enough that I can comfortably use it and it'll come up to my neck...just need to make a simple border.

The cross stitch angel is adorable!!!

Tampa Doll your baby projects are amazing.

I'm in love with crochet t-shirts!!  DH got me a couple for our anniversary and I am always looking to increase my supply.

Well I must confess I mailed my July birthday package a week late.  It was tough getting everything finished.  I'm finally am finishing up one project I put off as a Christmas present as I didn't have a chance to finish it.  I'm working on posting the projects I finished for the birthday box.

Three Billy Goats Gruff Small Finally Finished the Set

I picked up eyes at Knit Picks.  We often discuss where we find those hard to find little items.  I have no idea what the quality is like but they pushed me over the top for free shipping and they had some sizes I can't get at Joann's along with colors like white with black dots that I've only ever seen sold as googly eyes.  Just thought I'd mention it as I'd not thought to buy them there and while someone might have brought it up before I'd not remembered.  Once I try them I'll let you know if there as good as the ones you can get locally.

I know but I do try to add on things I need and since I haven't been getting out to Joann's I've been having to order my eyes online and I'm going through more of them recently.  Sadly I tend to stock up on what I last used rather than what I end up using next.  So I was almost out of the small eyes so this will take care of that issue.

On 7/28/2020 at 8:42 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

I agree about the downloads. Often it's the same price (Leisure Arts for example) so why use your paper and ink and have a pattern that is going to run if you get a drop of something on it!

I prefer Downloads. I get my pattern in a matter of minutes, no need to wait :). I can print that out, no problem.  After I make that item I usually will throw out that print out, I do not like clutters...I only keep that if I know that I will make more of that later. In any case I always have that pattern saved in my computer.

I think they usually charge for shipping those patterns

Krys

6 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

I prefer Downloads. I get my pattern in a matter of minutes, no need to wait :). I can print that out, no problem.  After I make that item I usually will throw out that print out, I do not like clutters...I only keep that if I know that I will make more of that later. In any case I always have that pattern saved in my computer.

I think they usually charge for shipping those patterns

Krys

I guess I'm just old fashioned. LOL Still prefer reading that physical book to an ebook. And clutter is my middle name! I would forget what patterns I had bought from what site and lose my downloads in a computer crash.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I guess I'm just old fashioned. LOL Still prefer reading that physical book to an ebook. And clutter is my middle name! I would forget what patterns I had bought from what site and lose my downloads in a computer crash.

For me it depends I am not a huge fan of digital crochet e books that you get for the kindle because I find my kindle falls asleep and it is harder to make and keep notes for the pattern.  I still buy most crochet books and work from those. 

I was on a print pattern person for a LONG time and then realized I do lose patterns and I reuse patterns a great deal.  With the doll project I remake the same clothes frequently.  The toys I make for one group of kids end up being great gifts for others etc.  As much as I've tried to get better about keeping my patterns organized by subject in binders I still lose one occasionally and being able to reprint is a blessing rather than having to repurchase.  These days most of my patterns are not from books but from e-vendors.  I still buy books but the people that most interest me are selling online.

Ironically my biggest challenge isn't remembering where I bought the stuff, that is easy enough to do it is remembering if I bought it or if I put it on a list for DH for gift purchase.  Then I have to get him to log into his accounts to find a lost pattern and print it for me.  LOL

3 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

And clutter is my middle name! I would forget what patterns I had bought from what site and lose my downloads in a computer crash.

Funny!:). I will not loose my downloads I have a back-up in case of crash :).

Krys

Just thought I'd share my latest mini stockings I have been working on for Warmth for Warriors. I call these the camo series with several different patterns all using a small leftover skein of SS camo and some green yarns for trim.283591383_CamoMiniStockings8-2020.thumb.JPG.133eed8a291b36559cf1c9a9519e1068.JPG

• Like 3

Hi peeps. posting from my phone. We have electricity...except for a scary few hours yesterday... That tropical storm on Tuesday brought down trees and power lines to 1.2 million here in NJ    

Except for a tease when internet came on for an hour yesterday we've been without that and our landline phone since the storm came by.  No damage to our home tg but the wind was worse than Sandy and I saw two humongous trees crash down not far from our back fence. Road detours...traffic lights out...trees blocking roads  ...we are just so grateful the weather isn't 100 this week and we do have power. Some have been without since tuesday with no end in sight. When sandy hit we were without power for 13 days so we really feel for those affected. 

Will be in touch 

1 minute ago, judianne said:

Hi peeps. posting from my phone. We have electricity...except for a scary few hours yesterday... That tropical storm on Tuesday brought down trees and power lines to 1.2 million here in NJ    

Except for a tease when internet came on for an hour yesterday we've been without that and our landline phone since the storm came by.  No damage to our home tg but the wind was worse than Sandy and I saw two humongous trees crash down not far from our back fence. Road detours...traffic lights out...trees blocking roads  ...we are just so grateful the weather isn't 100 this week and we do have power. Some have been without since tuesday with no end in sight. When sandy hit we were without power for 13 days so we really feel for those affected. 

Will be in touch 

Take care Judianne and thanks for the info.  I have been trying to contact my SIL and see how they are doing.  They are in Sicklerville.  I should give my sister a call also, see if they have service.

Up early and getting stuff done, before it gets to hot.

Well, off to try and make some calls.

Have a great day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, judianne said:

That storm was very bad, winds very strong. I seen on TV huge trees were falling down with all their roots out.

I see you live in New Jersey. My mom was born there. When she was about 7-8 years old her parents (my grandparents) moved back to Poland.

Krys

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 10:54 PM, RecycleCindy said:

Just thought I'd share my latest mini stockings I have been working on for Warmth for Warriors. I call these the camo series with several different patterns all using a small leftover skein of SS camo and some green yarns for trim.283591383_CamoMiniStockings8-2020.thumb.JPG.133eed8a291b36559cf1c9a9519e1068.JPG

Love the stockings.  I especially like the one with the green cuffing at the top.

Trying to spread out my Oct bday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas projects.  I try to include kid ornaments in the Thanksgiving package so they have them to hang on the tree.  Sometimes they end up in the Christmas package as it takes me a while to remember to finish them.  However as I said I'm trying to get spread out the themes so they all get done.

Tree Christmas Ornament

• Like 1

I've had this pattern in my binder for a while but I've always opted for a different castle themed pattern.  I finally decided it was time to tackle it.  Thought I'd have it done in time for the July bday but instead I have one of my first Christmas presents completed.

Castle Tote

• judianne changed the title to ****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.