****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.

judianne

I made those little whales for my class. I asked my students: If you had a whale, what color would it be? So they told me their choices - my favourite answer was "indigo" 😁 But they didn't know what kind of whales I was talking about (and why whales???). 

I gave them the whales (added key chains) and the whale-shaped cards with some wishes from me. We met only for very short time on the last day of school year to give students their diplomas. 

You know, sometimes people are like whales. You can only see that little fountain above the water. You have to be patient and wait for a long time to see more. But it's worth to wait. 

IMG_20200703_063459.jpg

Edited by Apak
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Apak said:

I made those little whales for my class. I asked my students: If you had a whale, what color would it be? So they told me their choices - my favourite answer was "indigo" 😁 But they didn't know what kind of whales I was talking about (and why whales???). 

I gave them the whales (added key chains) and the whale-shaped cards with some wishes from me. We met only for very short time on the last day of school year to give students their diplomas. 

You know, sometimes people are like whales. You can only see that little fountain above the water. You have to be patient and wait for a long time to see more. But it's worth to wait. 

IMG_20200703_063459.jpg

They are just adorable and I am sure they loved them.  Love all the different colors.

6 hours ago, Apak said:

IMG_20200703_063459.jpg

what an adorable idea!

The basket full of crocheted and knitted toys, made by my aunt and me - for selling during charity action of raising money for a friend, who fights with cancer. 

IMG_20200703_064619.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Apak said:

The basket full of crocheted and knitted toys, made by my aunt and me - for selling during charity action of raising money for a friend, who fights with cancer. 

IMG_20200703_064619.jpg

What a great idea.  Love all the toys and the candles are just beautiful.

Anna....such beautiful work. I really love knitted items. Maybe one day I'll advance beyond scarves!

Thank you, everyone! 

Judianne, knitted dolls are really easy, you should definitely try! 

I found the pattern for lavender knitted dolls and they were my first knitted dolls (I started last Sunday) . They are my "Summer 2020 project" and I admit I'm quite surprised that I'm so in knitting this week, because I'm definitely a crocheter 🧶

The dolls will be gifts for my friends - with lavender from my own garden 😊

https://ravel.me/lavender-sachet-dolls

IMG_20200630_203639.jpg

Edited by Apak
  • Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 5:19 AM, Apak said:

IMG_20200703_064619.jpg

Loved all the colorful whales you made and the basket with items is wonderful. What a great fundraiser for cancer.

Here is my latest round ripple blanket. I was able to get some additional brown yarn donated to me by the senior center so it is 52 inches wide. This will go back to the senior center for their Veterans Outreach Program. The crochet pattern is Aggie's round ripple pattern.

2030045070_Tan-BrownRRfinal.thumb.JPG.a1595fb524c69688934f50e988859c80.JPG

• Like 1

Cindy, that's my go-to RR pattern! Great job! I know how hard it is when you're on those last rounds!

Anna, thank you for the link to the pattern. I saved it for when I'm ready to pick up the needles again. Adorable! 

• Like 1

Love the dolls Anna.  They are a great start project.

I am sitting here watching the news and they are talking about Fay.  She is hitting Atlantic City and they say it is only a Tropical Storm?  Please anyone in the area and further up be careful.  They are saying it will travel up the coast and the beach is almost under water now.

Thoughts are with everyone.

Hi Mary Jo....it was a real coastal storm. Luckily we didn't lose any trees.. .the storm just pruned away some branches😉

I gave my NICU nurse neighbor some hats and a small blanket. Back to working on ME projects. I pulled out some cotton and some big knitting needles so I can make a facecloth. My wrist is begging for a non crochet project.

Hi peeps!

Nothing new here other than still using stash for my quarantine blanket. Giving my wrist a break and knitting a facecloth. Haven't picked up my needles in a very long time. Had to watch youtube again...lol! Found out that I work faster - and more neatly - using Continental stitch. Too used to holding the yarn in my left hand.

I'm ordering a graph blanket pattern: Praying Hands😍

For us - we knew we wanted a religious theme and when I showed him a picture of the image he liked it.

1 hour ago, Bailey4 said:

Did you get mine?

Yeah, I finally got it.  My e-mails are really driving me crazy.  They either do not get the e-mails or they eat them.  I think and hope I have it fixed now.:bang

Hi peeps!

Mary Jo, what email version do you use?

On 7/21/2020 at 6:15 PM, Tampa Doll said:

That sounds like a nice afghan.  I have one that is a cross.  I have not see the praying hands graph.

Hubby and I thought the cross was too "heavy" a look...this one should be nice. It's a paid pattern and am waiting for it to arrive. I don't do downloads - am not thrilled with our printer.

1 hour ago, judianne said:

Hi peeps!

Hubby and I thought the cross was too "heavy" a look...this one should be nice. It's a paid pattern and am waiting for it to arrive. I don't do downloads - am not thrilled with our printer.

I agree about the downloads. Often it's the same price (Leisure Arts for example) so why use your paper and ink and have a pattern that is going to run if you get a drop of something on it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, judianne said:

Hi peeps!

I am using Yahoo, but I think it is my laptop.  The main computer does not have the problem.  I like it when it starts eating the e-mails.  That is fun to watch NOT!  Oh well, it seems to be working now, lets see how long that last.

Yeah, I guess the cross is a little heavy.  I use to have one with an angel, but that one is who knows where.  I do need to go thru my patterns and weed them out.

Quite here.  I am finally doing the edging around the blanket.  YEAH!  As soon as it is done, I will post a picture.

So hope everyone is doing ok.

Mary Jo I know what you mean about not knowing where a pattern is. I've already purged my collection at least twice recently. Need to do it again.

I was wondering about the email because some do seem to be slower at delivering them ...never heard of them being eaten though🤣

• judianne changed the title to ****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.