****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.

judianne

15 hours ago, ratdog said:

Crocheted one bear, working on a second in verigated yarn. Omce they have faces they will go into the donations bag

15849233638711713461673.jpg

What a cutie. 

I read on another site that a library had encouraged patrons to put pictures of bears in their windows for kids to see when they were walking as they'd posted an activity for parents about the poem "Going on a Bear Hunt" and it gave the kids something safe to do while social distancing in their neighborhoods. People have put up colored pictures and stuffed bears.  I thought it was a cute idea.  Nothing like that being posted locally here but I did put some  crocheted bunnies in my window as we have an exceptionally large number of families out with kids walking when the weather has been warm enough.  I haven't seen this many people out walking with the exception of Halloween.  Nobody is stopping to chat with each other, all practicing social distancing but I suspect the kids need to get out and the parents are happy to get them some fresh air with the hope it helps them nap.  I changed the garden flags in front to the Easter ones.  I hope it gives the kids something fun to see. 

Edited by Bailey4
  • Like 2

On 3/22/2020 at 8:29 PM, ratdog said:

Crocheted one bear, working on a second in verigated yarn. Omce they have faces they will go into the donations bag

15849233638711713461673.jpg

That's so cute!!!  It looks simple, too - is it a free pattern?

On 3/23/2020 at 11:56 AM, Bailey4 said:

Robbie Rabbit

This guy will be staying here as he wasn't quite what I wanted for the Easter package.  I always can use a few Easter decorations.

He's really cute - but I absolutely adore the girl bunny! I can't believe you had so much fiddling to do. I would have given up! 

Love all the recently shared projects. Lots of cute stuff! My office is now closed and only going to work as needed. For sure on March 3 to do month-end and reports. Strange times but gives me more time now to crochet. Stay safe and healthy everyone.

• Like 1

Here is a Aggie May Round Ripple I just finished up for a local VA outreach program. They are currently shutdown but I will hold this for them for when they reopen. Now I am starting on some hats for Warmth for Warriors. I went into work this morning to do a few essential things for our police dept. I do double duty as their police clerk. Things are quiet though as everyone in Washington and Idaho are under stay at home orders. I live right on the border so now both states are under these orders. Stay safe and healthy everyone. These are challenging times. So far our community has not had any Coronavirus, I just pray that we all can remain healthy.

888493527_PeacockGreenRR.thumb.JPG.023911d2ff87558719f596c4f4c018f8.JPG

• Like 1

Everything posted is just adorable.  Love the afghan Cindy.  The rabbits are adorable Bailey4.

I finished my afghan and now trying to make Tigger in thread.  My daughter said Pooh was bigger than she thought it would be, so I am going to make the whole set in thread and see if she likes it better.

I will post the afghan when the person it is for gets it.

• Like 1

Cindy....lovely RR! You have me itching to make them again!

MaryJo...can't wait to see the thread tigger. Not sure if I could do such work in thread!

And a crib size blanket...I played till I got dangerously close to playing chicken with both the blue and yellow.

20200329_151156.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, judianne said:

And a crib size blanket...I played till I got dangerously close to playing chicken with both the blue and yellow.

20200329_151156.jpg

Oh so very lovely! The colors are so soft and pretty. What a lovely gift this is.

Edited by RecycleCindy

Thanks, Ladies. I'm sure the blanket will find a home.

Bailey, that's so cute! I love how we all seem to have our favorite things to crochet. It seems we rarely cross into a different area...or at least, not for long...lol. Speaking from my own experience.😁

Bailey4 I love that garland.

Well, Tigger is done.  I did not follow the head with regards to placing the nose and eye area.  They had you only attaching the first round of the face, then pretty far up adding the eye area.  When you are done, you are suppose to SEW the other areas on.  The same with the ears, you only attach one stitch, then sew the rest, when the head is done.  I kept attaching the face and ears as I did the rounds.  He looks good to me and I am happy with the face.

Tiger (2).JPG

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 2:33 PM, Bailey4 said:

Bunny Garland

I needed something for Easter to brighten up the house.  I wanted color and something silly.  I got it.

That is a cute idea! Thanks for sharing the link, too💕

23 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Bailey4 I love that garland.

Well, Tigger is done.  I did not follow the head with regards to placing the nose and eye area.  They had you only attaching the first round of the face, then pretty far up adding the eye area.  When you are done, you are suppose to SEW the other areas on.  The same with the ears, you only attach one stitch, then sew the rest, when the head is done.  I kept attaching the face and ears as I did the rounds.  He looks good to me and I am happy with the face.

Tiger (2).JPG

That was a fantastic idea to attach as you went...he is tooo cute!!

• judianne changed the title to ****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.