****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.

judianne

Mona (GreyhoundGrandma): Sorry I missed your question earlier. A couple of times I have drawn faces on tracing paper, pinned it to the crochet project, then embroidered on the features with embroidery thread, then removed any paper showing. It worked well as long as I took my time with the stitches.

Ratdog: The blanket looks lovely and such a neat idea to match up with the young lady's career.

Last night it rained a little, then sleeted for 5 minutes, then snowed for awhile! That snow wasn't expected. It didn't stick though so there are just puddles around this morning and Chilly! I got some rain finally though- I was so happy!

• Like 1

I asked this on another thread, but maybe you all can help.

Ok guys, I need waterproof pins to starch some things.  Can anyone tell me what kind of pins these are?  Made of or how I can look for them.  Putting in waterproof pins brings up some interesting web sites.

The ones I have are leaving brown marks on white pieces.

HELP!!!!!!

I saw something that said brass, nickel, or stainless steel if you want rust proof.  Not sure if that is your issue but I didn't want to go down your rabbit hole and find out what creepies were crawling there so I put in rust proof for my search and that is what my results were.  I didn't dig into brand because I wasn't sure if rust was your issue.

Mrs. Pilgrim

I'm almost ready to ship this box.  Tomorrow is a holiday so it will have to wait until Thurs.  Going to include the Christmas ornaments since most kids want the tree up once Thanksgiving is over and I have no idea when the Christmas box will ship.  Working on a couple of my own Thanksgiving projects before I have to get down to business and finish Christmas.

• Like 1

Just a heads up we will be donating directly to the organization that distributes the toys to the kids this year.  I just heard from the school today and they put me in contact with the group they donate to so I can arrange to drop the stuff directly to them this year.  I'm hoping to arrange a drop off time soon as you ladies did an amazing job this year.  I'll be posting this in Boxing Day too.

On 11/9/2020 at 9:12 AM, Bailey4 said:

He made me smile!!!

On 11/9/2020 at 10:43 AM, ratdog said:

Ok, I actually made a gift this year!  A blanket for my son's girlfriend. I crocheted an edge on fleece. He told me she likes "pink, halloween colors and pokemon" 

Well, that fabric doesnt exist! So, pink and grey with a Paris theme. She studied art history and archetecture in college so I thought Paris was appropriate.

1604936501439-2065939283.jpg

16049365344571996394662.jpg

Sweet!! Paris theme would be a hit with me, also😉

I have a RR going - donation or gift pile - and a white baptismal blanket using Attic24's Trellis pattern, the one she used for the Sweet Pea CAL. My hands have been hurting a bit lately - not sure if it's the weather or just overuse. When I take a break I]ve been reading. A friend recommended a book called: The Gown by Jennifer Robson. I LOVE it. I'm an Anglophile, which is a big part of why I like it and it is also great for my sometimes short attention span since each chapter deals with a different character. 

Never bored - unless I want to be!

Great project list.  I love reading about other places.

Mini Blueberry Pie

Another play food item for the Thanksgiving box which I'm hoping to pack today so it can ship tomorrow.  I sorted out all the donations last night so those can be boxed to head off to the charity as soon as I can get a time from them.  I'm making progress.

• Like 1

DH and I boxed the doll donations today and we have 9 boxes of doll items and one bag of the Our Generation dolls that wouldn't fit into any of the boxes.  Grant it the boxes are all different sizes and I hope to get a picture of them before we drop them off hopefully at the end of this week but that is a considerable amount of work put in by everyone.  Thank you so much!!  We had to try 3 boxes to get one to fit all the doll blankets.  You outdid yourselves!!!

• Like 1

1938668645_AztecWishesBoxes2020.JPG.png.97c9123809a3f3ab5982f95a7ec123eb.png

I did find it kind of funny that the Walmart doll, clothing, and accessories wouldn't fit in the Walmart box and ended up in a Target box and the Target Doll clothing would only fit in the Walmart box. The Target dolls were too large for any of my boxes. Just need to find humor where we can these days.  These should be at the donation center on Friday afternoon.

• Haha 1

Hi peeps!

1 hour ago, Bailey4 said:

Mr. Pilgrim

The Thanksgiving box is going in the mail tomorrow and the donations will also be dropped off tomorrow afternoon.  I have to download the pic of the boxes but I will post that too.  It's been a busy few days.

Cute little guy!

54 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

1938668645_AztecWishesBoxes2020.JPG.png.97c9123809a3f3ab5982f95a7ec123eb.png

I did find it kind of funny that the Walmart doll, clothing, and accessories wouldn't fit in the Walmart box and ended up in a Target box and the Target Doll clothing would only fit in the Walmart box. The Target dolls were too large for any of my boxes. Just need to find humor where we can these days.  These should be at the donation center on Friday afternoon.

WOW!

12 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

I can never get things back in boxes, unless the box is way to big.  What a great donation and thank you for letting us help.  It is always fun.

I'm not sure I have the original boxes they came in and with the clothing they wouldn't have fit.  I'm always shipping something out in boxes so they get switched around.  We generally don't throw away boxes unless they are small as we always seem to end up needing a box to ship something.  I just found it funny that when we started packing the stuff that the Walmart box could take the Target clothes because the dolls were clearly not going to fit in any box we had.  The Walmart doll did fit with all the clothing and accessories but only in the Target box.  Perhaps I'm overally tired but I did find it funny.

Dropped the boxes off this afternoon and the woman I was supposed to see was unavailable but the women I did meet instead were blown away by your donations.  They were mature women who clearly had an appreciation for hand made items and they immediately opened the boxes and were quite stunned by what they found.  They didn't expect the quality or quantity of what was in those boxes.  In the past the students have packaged the requests for the students they've been assigned so they've never seen the stuff as it goes directly from the high school students to the parents to have for Christmas/holiday celebrations.  I don't think they see the raw donations that come in before the students put them all together to be sent on to the parents.

• Like 1

• judianne changed the title to ****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.