****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.

judianne

My pumpkins grow really fast! I wanted to give them to my friends, but they stay home and work on-line, so the pumpkins stay with me at the moment... 

IMG_20201029_083724.thumb.jpg.21f8e7795e2a2a153cc576afe1a91d14.jpg

• Like 2

:skeleton:jackHAPPY HALLOWEEN:jack:skeleton

Today is the day for witches and gobblins.  I know a lot have cancelled this, but so far ours is on.

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween and wether they come or not, be careful of the little hobgoblins.:skeleton

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 2:30 PM, Bailey4 said:

On to the cow

Cow Finger Puppet

I'm working on trying to turn that mug rug pattern I used for Halloween hot pads into something Thanksgiving themed.  We will see what happens.

I could NEVER have made this! I truly admire your patience with such fiddly projects.

On 10/30/2020 at 6:19 PM, Bailey4 said:

I finally posted the finished barn.

Busy Box Farm Activity Cube finished

WOW! That's going to be loved!

4 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Turkey Hot Pad

Now that Halloween has passed I need to get on with some for the upcoming holidays.

Amazing job!

On 11/3/2020 at 8:26 AM, Bailey4 said:

I did mention I was working on play food for Thanksgiving

Turkey Dinner

Super nice! You really don't see too much of these types of crocheted kids toys.

Play food has always been popular with kids and with more parents being concerned with where these toys are coming from I figure crochet food not a bad idea.

Pumpkitty Pie

I don't have cats but my dogs are obsessed with pumpkin so I could easily see them getting into a pie.

Hey you are making me hungry.  I am a breast person, the pies look good.

I have something here I have to get up to you.  I am trying to get packages out one a week till I am done.

I'm not a huge fan of turkey but DH loves it.  Since we aren't having family this year we are looking into finding a place where we can just get the turkey legs.  Looking forward to anything you can send. 

I am sure we will be here next year, as we always can us encouragement with our project.

Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁

Does anyone draw the features on their dolls/animals before sewing the face on? What do you use to draw it? I tried a white sewing marking pencil and some regular chalk (what I happened to have) but neither showed up on the yarn. I'm making a cat and got the nose and mouth ok, but the eyes have defeated me, even looking at the one I made 5-6 years ago.

I am not so sure about googly eyes & washing machine..? Those googly eyes sometimes falling apart in those plastic bags, way  before they are attach to the doll.  That top (clear part) comes off from that bottom part. You would think they should at least put some glue to hold those two parts together, they do not.

I would never wash that even by hand.

Krys

Love the scarecrow.  He is so cute.

As for eyes, I use the safety ones.  I found if you are going to just use them for display, then I would use the googly ones.  Otherwise I use the safety ones.  Put them on while I am crocheting.

Have fun.

Ok, I actually made a gift this year!  A blanket for my son's girlfriend. I crocheted an edge on fleece. He told me she likes "pink, halloween colors and pokemon" 

Well, that fabric doesnt exist! So, pink and grey with a Paris theme. She studied art history and archetecture in college so I thought Paris was appropriate.

1604936501439-2065939283.jpg

16049365344571996394662.jpg

• judianne changed the title to ****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.