****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.

judianne

Love the Frankinstein mug rugs.  You are really going to have a Spooktacular house.

I wonder if we will have Halloween?  The kids have gone back to school, so I will keep a watch out.

Hi peeps!

Bailey, I adore your cute projects!!!

On 8/21/2020 at 4:44 AM, USpolishgirl said:

MINI CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS pattern?

I just came  across Christmas Stocking crochet pattern. This one is crocheted in ONE PIECE :). That is why that pattern caught my eye.

That pattern it is not for a Mini Stocking. But,  it is using double strand of yarn. That is why I think could be very easy made to a much smaller size using one strand of yarn. If that would not work out to be small enough (Mini) I think that could be easy adjusted to make that a Mini stocking. 

Krys

NOT MY PICTURE!

image.png.b3ccb4630c4f18478084d0cc852a9341.png

thanks so much for the link!!!

On 8/23/2020 at 8:19 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.  Here is a little Sunday humor.

Joke.jpg

I cracked up....I went through my yarn stash - forget about the thread collection...and will be quite busy for the foreseeable future....but I am itching to play with thread again!

3 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

I adapted the mug rug from Annie's Spooktacular to get this

Frankenstein Hot Pad

That is terrific!!!!!! 

• Like 1

I finished the praying hands throw....hubby chose the colors and asked for the cross to be added to it...

Placing it on the floor gave me plenty of distance to show off the pattern.

thumbnail.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, judianne said:

I finished the praying hands throw....hubby chose the colors and asked for the cross to be added to it...

Placing it on the floor gave me plenty of distance to show off the pattern.

thumbnail.jpeg

Wow that turned out great.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Love the Frankinstein mug rugs.  You are really going to have a Spooktacular house.

I wonder if we will have Halloween?  The kids have gone back to school, so I will keep a watch out.

I was wondering about Halloween, too.

I do not think that this year kids will have a "normal" Halloween with that Virus still around. They definitely will not be going from house to house asking for candy.

Maybe some people will think of  different ways (safe ways )...?. For kids to have a  little fun and get some candy's? :). I just do not have any idea what that could be?.

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!. I will miss it! :(.

This whole year just sucks because of that Virus.  Hopefully all of that will come to the end soon. I would just love to get back to a normal life!!! 

Krys

• Like 1

The praying hands afghan is truly a work of art.  What a beautiful gift.

As for Halloween they've cancelled everything around here practically to Christmas.  No official word on Halloween but I can't see traditional Halloween happening.  There are some people talking about something with cars but who knows.

• Like 1

Hi peeps.

On 8/25/2020 at 9:21 AM, USpolishgirl said:

I do not think that this year kids will have a "normal" Halloween with that Virus still around. They definitely will not be going from house to house asking for candy.

Maybe some people will think of  different ways (safe ways )...?. For kids to have a  little fun and get some candy's? :). I just do not have any idea what that could be?.

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!. I will miss it! :(.

This whole year just sucks because of that Virus.  Hopefully all of that will come to the end soon. I would just love to get back to a normal life!!! 

Krys

I'm with you! ...but I have forgotten how it feels to live a normal life.... I saw a baby about 1 year old in a supermarket wagon the other day and said to hubby - these kids don't see faces....they have no idea what adults other than their family, look like! I wonder if they think we're all running around in disguise? 😔

On 8/25/2020 at 3:10 PM, Bailey4 said:

I've gotten on a traditional tales theme for birthdays.  I found this Hen pattern and figured it would go nicely with Henny Penny, The Little Red Hen, and Chicken Little for books

Hen

Love how colorful it is!

20 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Something for my house I'm beginning the motifs for a fall garland from October's Crochet World.

Square Crow Garland

This is so cute!

• Like 1

Halloween House

The first house is finished for the kid's village.  I found a free pattern for a one piece gingerbread house that I'm trying to convert to a haunted house.  Not sure how it will turn out but so far it has been fun to try to change the pattern from single color to multi colored to make the roof a different color.  We will see if I can get it all to work.  I have a couple other patterns that might work but not sure I could complete them for this year.  They are on my plans to expand the village for them for next year although hopefully by then their fall activities will be back and this will just be an addition to their toys that double as decorations.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 7:10 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Wow Baily4 you have been busy.

Trying to get my mojo moving.

Has your mojo started up again?

I got antsy for another project as soon as I finished the graph ghan, so I finished a small granny square baby ghan and hat....neutrals and yellow ...and now I'm making squares in  pinks and  purples, lol! Not sure if I'll save them for an emergency baby gift or pass them on to my NICU nurse neighbor. I may run our of places to store stuff...🤣

Bailey, I love how you adapted the pattern to make the haunted house! Yes - crocheting does serve as a good distraction.

1 hour ago, judianne said:

Has your mojo started up again?

I got antsy for another project as soon as I finished the graph ghan, so I finished a small granny square baby ghan and hat....neutrals and yellow ...and now I'm making squares in  pinks and  purples, lol! Not sure if I'll save them for an emergency baby gift or pass them on to my NICU nurse neighbor. I may run our of places to store stuff...🤣

Bailey, I love how you adapted the pattern to make the haunted house! Yes - crocheting does serve as a good distraction.

Well, sort of with the mojo.  I think part of the problem is the humidity.  I am using thread, but sometimes the hands get sweaty.

Nice that you have someplace to give your stuff to.  Everything is shut down that I made stuff for.

Feeling sorry for myself right now.  Pay not attention.

Off to my corner.

Oh I saw a t-shirt that said "My crochet room is my Happy Place.🤣

Edited by Tampa Doll

I agree about the humidity, Mary Jo. Part of the time our temps aren't too bad but the humidity makes a horrible real feel temp.

Bailey, I'm so impressed by all that you have made. Such a great variety. Love the ducks, but they must be sooo tedious to make.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

It's one of the reason I haven't made them all at once.  I make one and then move to something else.  Thankfully they work up pretty quickly.  I'm doing the same thing with the square crow garland, make one then make something else although tonight I'm working on 2 bodies at once then 2 heads, etc.  I really want to be able to hang the garland up for the fall season.

The humidity has been the real reason for our AC continued use.  The temps aren't overwhelming but the humidity makes it so uncomfortable that we often end up turning the AC on early evening even when we haven't had it on in the heat of the day because the humidity has built up in the house and it gets uncomfortable.

Edited by Bailey4

Square Crow Garland 2

I've challenged myself this summer and moving into fall because I'm generally not a fan of having to repeat patterns/motifs in a row.  I often repeat dress patterns for dolls year after year but until recently when I've tried to make the doll donations more equal I generally donated completely different sets for the dolls to avoid repeats during the same year for variety.  This year though I'm determined to finish these projects that require duplicates.

Last night I completed two more bodies for the Square Crows and one head that needs a face and hat.  So I'm closer to completing the 7 I need for the garland!!!

• Like 1

Hi peeps

On 9/3/2020 at 12:21 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Well, sort of with the mojo.  I think part of the problem is the humidity.  I am using thread, but sometimes the hands get sweaty. I totally get that! We've had days that feel like pea soup!

Nice that you have someplace to give your stuff to. I think i'm going to keep these items for those times there's an urgent need for a baby gift. Everything is shut down that I made stuff for. That's not good🙁

Feeling sorry for myself right now.  Pay not attention. We all have times like that....here's a good one for you:

Tuesday I was at a store - and had sudden onset of a near fainting episode. After talking with my cardio today and seeing my internist last Tuesday, 2 hours after it happened...the diagnosis - and life history I have -  reminds me I have always lived with vasovagal syncope. My neurological and cardiac system have an issue with each other as the cardio guy simply put it... Not fatal - unless you hit your head when you faint - but scary to witness. I think hubby has just now finally realized I don't need more tests. I used to faint as a kid - and if you see the list of triggers for it...it covers it all. Oh well...I can see a medical alert bracket in my future...lol. 

Off to my corner. Hugs, my friend...

Oh I saw a t-shirt that said "My crochet room is my Happy Place.🤣

Sounds like a good shirt! In my case my crochet room is my house...lol!

Thanks Judianne, I needed that pep talk.  You know, things get to you at times.

Wow, yeah the bracelet is a good idea. Better than someone go thru your wallet.

DH has had enough of summer.  He is now ready for winter.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.  Use to look forward to long weekends when I worked.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

15 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

DH has had enough of summer.  He is now ready for winter.

Your winters are nice, no wonder you can not wait..:)

My winters are very scary! :(. Most of the time it is way to cold, too windy and to much snow!.

I am NOT happy at all that winter is coming!! :( :(  :(

Krys

• judianne changed the title to ****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.