****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.

judianne

Made 3 more bears. Ran out of the verigated yarn so one is blue on the front and verigated on the back.

I have to switch back to the lovies as I am running low on polyfil. I read somewhere that joanns and michaels have to close so I dont know of i can get more stuffing.

1586548555836757535212.jpg

1586548586350-16534811.jpg

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

Here's a scrap blanket made using mostly gifted yarn (thank you😘)

It measures about 60 by 40 and the pattern is a mistake - I misread a new pattern I was using! DH said it looks like a puzzle.

20200412_135053.thumb.jpg.feeb2b7f0837431eba6c471f6c98faf5.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, judianne said:

Here's a scrap blanket made using mostly gifted yarn (thank you😘)

It measures about 60 by 40 and the pattern is a mistake - I misread a new pattern I was using! DH said it looks like a puzzle.

20200412_135053.thumb.jpg.feeb2b7f0837431eba6c471f6c98faf5.jpg

Such a gorgeous blanket and I just love the stitch format you used. So cool looking! The puzzle look is awesome.

• Like 1

Thanks...a sweet lady donated 90 percent of the colors😘

I now have a huge bag of variegated/warm squares and have shopped in my stash for neutral joining and border colors. I also have some wonderful burgundy wool ...2 huge barrel type skeins...that I'm working into about 12 inch squares. I block each square as I make it - Only 2 done so far....but at least I pulled it out of hibernation!

DH is bored but my hooks have been smoking😂

Edited by judianne
added info

Love the blankets Judianne.  Wow what a great gift of the yarn.

I have been working on some of Pooh's friends.  I now have Eye ore and Pigglet done.  I am ready to do Pooh.  Not sure what is going to be done with them, when they are done.

Hope to get a picture of them all when they are done.

• Like 1

Mary Jo...you sound like me...I'm not sure what's going to happen to the blankets I'm making. Here's a pile of 90, 3 inch squares. I've started JAYG and am blindly picking squares out of my bag. 9 squares across and 10 down.

20200429_121216.jpg

20200429_132626.jpg

• Like 2

Hi All: I've been having a bit of a hard time concentrating on crochet and a few other things, mostly motivational projects. In other words, no MoJo going on here. I do a bit of crochet here and there throughout the day and read, clean house, cook once in awhile, etc. I'm by myself all but a couple of hours each day and it seems like I'm stuck in a warp of some kind. I know it's the confinement, can't just get up and go to a store, library or take a walk in the park. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm still working on some potholders from the cotton stash- blue and turquoise this time, and haven't finished the Crystal Wave Afghan wip yet (been too hot here this past week). I'll post this set of potholders when completed. I'm also looking at maybe a plastic bag holder for the next project for my daughter and some mask mates to send to my niece for the hospital she works at. We'll see.

I love looking at everyone's projects, they're so inspiring, so keep up the crochet and having good thoughts. I'm sure going to try! 🙂

• Like 1

ReniC, I guess everybody feels they way you do - at some point. There are moments we get along and then comes the moment of anxiety, fear or even anger. Sometimes it is like you don't really need to go anywhere, but the moment you hear YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO, suddenly you feel you just HAVE TO! It's in our heads... So I hope you'll find a way to relax. Try to cherish the time you have for yourself and stay healthy. 

In my family we have really serious health issues since March so I learn to cherish each day given... Trying to stay positive and give the optimism to others. Of course crocheting is really helpful... I'm working on a third shawl now 😁 

Edited by Apak
  • Like 1

Good day to everyone.

I had no choice, but go to the foot Dr. yesterday.  Problem with the left foot big toe.  Took care of that and then to the grocery store to get some lunch meat.  Was still surprised to see so few in the store.  The arrows on the floor telling you how to go up and down the aisles does not bother me.  In fact, I like them, no traffic jams.  Still no chicken, but plenty of fish, pork and beef.  Ice cream is plentiful.

There have been days I do not feel like crocheting and the day seems ssooooooooooooo long.

Saw a story the other day about our dog shelter.  They showed the helpers standing in the kennels where the dogs and cats are kept and they were empty.  Every dog and cat has been adopted.  They are keeping their fingers crossed that the animals will not come back at a later time.

Ok they opened the beaches here and the restaurants at 25% capacity.  It looks like it went well.  

Have fun and relax, looks like we may get our lives back.

• Like 1

Hang in there everyone. Times are difficult now but things are improving. Focus on the positive and keep busy. I know I've found comfort in reading, crocheting, talking on the phone and unplugging from some of the negative, depressing news on tv.

• Like 1

Good Morning.  Cindy, don't know the last time I actually watched a full news cast.  I watch the weather, which is much easier on my nerves.

I have found, that usually by now, they are bugging us about hurricanes.

I do have to get back o my Pooh bear.

Have a great day and try to relax.

• Like 2

hi peeps!

On 5/5/2020 at 11:49 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Good day to everyone.

I had no choice, but go to the foot Dr. yesterday.  Problem with the left foot big toe.  Took care of that and then to the grocery store to get some lunch meat.  Was still surprised to see so few in the store.  The arrows on the floor telling you how to go up and down the aisles does not bother me.  In fact, I like them, no traffic jams.  Still no chicken, but plenty of fish, pork and beef.  Ice cream is plentiful.

There have been days I do not feel like crocheting and the day seems ssooooooooooooo long.

Saw a story the other day about our dog shelter.  They showed the helpers standing in the kennels where the dogs and cats are kept and they were empty.  Every dog and cat has been adopted.  They are keeping their fingers crossed that the animals will not come back at a later time. Our son's girlfriend is in charge of cat adoptions at Monmouth County SPCA and two months ago they had about 200 cats...now...all adopted. They were able to help out the Eatontown shelter and take their kitties in...including a mom and her babies. Saw the video on FB💕    We're all hoping the adoptions stick!

Ok they opened the beaches here and the restaurants at 25% capacity.  It looks like it went well.  

Have fun and relax, looks like we may get our lives back.

We can only hope we get our lives back! It's hard staying upbeat...

I'm near the end of my vintage granny square throw. I'm going to have quite a collection🤣

Stay well, everyone!!!

Edited by judianne
  • Like 1

Here are a few new hats I crocheted for Warmth for Warriors. First two are the ridged hat pattern from Red Heart. I love the pattern but do need to add about 2-3 rows in the middle depending on the yarn to get the right length.

1018621776_BrownRidgedHat.thumb.JPG.3045f04b03cbdd33a6ac3a1238fb4be8.JPG302320238_BrownWoodsyRidgedhat.thumb.JPG.c6bf4dfd842574a69654c88147ce56c8.JPG

Then a few crocheted ribbed band hats.

2119088179_MultiStripeHat.thumb.JPG.176647a0fb346b21bdfa3ada2b81f83e.JPG71985234_WoolStripedHat4-2020.thumb.JPG.9ab90b0242e5846303d37eae0d623c52.JPG

• Like 2

Love the hats Cindy.

Have to make a trip to the bank this morning.  They don't open till 10, so I have plenty of time.

Hey Brenda, the football schedule came out yesterday.  The Bucs have The Chiefs on Nov. 29th.  That should be a fun game.  I counted we have 5 prime time games. :think

Well off to get dressed and ready for my day.

• judianne changed the title to ****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.