****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.

judianne

Hi, fellow crafters! We're starting a new year tomorrow. 2020, here we come🤗

We're a small group but do wonderful things as we use our crochet hooks, knitting needles or sewing skills to bring joy to others.🎁

Anyone of any skill level can pop over here to see what we're up to, and if they wish, can hang around and share their own projects or ask questions. 

Don't be shy!😊

Edited by judianne
CLOSING OLD CAL

Happy New Year!  Celebrated our 40th anniversary today.  I’m currently working on a package for Appalachian Outreach.  My last pair of socks are in the box and I’ve started on a hat.  Another stash pattern, the Lakeside Beanie by 5knotsnorth blogspot.  Made one and gave that one to dh. Trial run and he got a compliment already today 😊

• Like 1

Hi and happy new year! I have followed your thread last year and I would like to join in if possible. My main charity is Warmth for Warriors (W4W) and local hospital charity work. I also support Relay for Life and other local fundraising projects during the year.

• Like 1

Update to 2019 gift: Buzzsaw Louie, the character from Veggietales was a huge hit! Infact, my son, who os now a senior in college, asked to watch the veggietales show (The Toy That saved Christmas) on Christmas Eve. 

So, we all watched the cartoon together and I was secretly inwardly smiling knowing what was going to be under the tree.

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 2

My list of projects for this year:

1. greyhound sweater for Paz

2. 2 baby blankets for Liz 

3. Seasonal washcloths for the grands--Valentines, Easter, Fall, Christmas

4. Madeline's temperature blanket

5. Finish pumpkins

6. Finish snowman basket and stocking

7. Santa basket/bag

8. Lap throws and shawls for the nursing home  (2 throws, 1 shawl)

9. Scarves for Operation Gratitude (14 mailed)

10. Doll blankets for Madeline.

11. Scarf for Max and Jay for Christmas (2 each done)

12. Dahlia blanket for Cindy for Christmas

13. Rainbow block blanket for Jay

14. Baby blanket for David & Suzy

15. Baby sweater for Olivia

16. Cat toy for Madeline

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

Diana, those hats are really nice! 

Mona, from your list I'm guessing you're already starting on that big list!!

Great start, ladies!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 4:48 PM, RecycleCindy said:

Cute hats and I love the stitching on these. What pattern do you use?

Thank you.  It’s called lakeside beanie. A few posts up I mentioned designer blogspot name...5knots... Toddler gs wants me to make him one too.  Seems he was drawn toward that orange one🙂

• Like 1

My sil has been so down after returning to their home in last few months post hurricane/mold repairs.  She’s had to deal with additional damage by the restoration team (and theft).  Over 100 items thus far ruined and some just not replaceable because of improper handling. Washing and drying items that were dry clean only.  I’m making her a bobble scarf for an olive color jacket she has.  Her fave scarf was ruined,so hope my replacement brings a smile to her face.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

Thank you.  It’s called lakeside beanie. A few posts up I mentioned designer blogspot name...5knots... Toddler gs wants me to make him one too.  Seems he was drawn toward that orange one🙂

I found the Lakeside hat pattern. Thanks so much. I definitely am going to make one as I love the look.

• Like 1

Very cool Hats.

I saw a call out for pouches in Australia for baby kangaroos and such.  I have to try and find it again, cause if they can be made out of cotton, I may make a few.  With the fires, they are getting a lot of babies in the shelters.  If I can find it again, I will let you all know if interested.

I have made a couple of outfits for a 15 inch Native American Doll.  I am looking for more patterns if anyone can help me.  

Here is the thread with the pictures of the outfits.  

Here is one of the outfits.

Charity Doll Outfits 2020 (5).JPG

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

I have made a couple of outfits for a 15 inch Native American Doll.  I am looking for more patterns if anyone can help me.  

Not familiar with that doll are they similar sized as...les cheries, h4h?  If you are on Ravelry   You could check the les cheries and friends group.  I have a large stash of patterns for h4h but too much for me to tackle at this time...bottom of my list.  😁  

Fancy cowgirl.

• Thanks 1

I am not sure Diana, but I will check it out.  I will be trying a 11 1/2 inch doll pattern with yarn, see how that works.  All the patterns for this doll are either American Indian outfits or Gone with the Wind type.  Then for some reason they cut the size of the doll.  It is still 15 inches, but skinnier.  Go figure.

18 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Very cool Hats.

I saw a call out for pouches in Australia for baby kangaroos and such.  I have to try and find it again, cause if they can be made out of cotton, I may make a few.  With the fires, they are getting a lot of babies in the shelters.  If I can find it again, I will let you all know if interested.

Here is the thread with the pictures of the outfits.  

Here is one of the outfits.

She's beautiful.  It's always a puzzle finding clothes to fit new dolls that haven't had specific patterns written for them.

• judianne changed the title to ****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.