TexasPurl

2020 Stashbusting CAL

I have been working on another mer-corn but the big octo is the only thing I've finished this week...both in yarn and in projects lol

WTD +6

YTD +81

• Like 1

I finished up some hats for my friend's homeless project.

WTD: 5 YTD: 31

• Like 1

Scores for the week ending 02/08/2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317  +6

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  pineknott & howieann +5

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: PBLKNP +4

Holding Steady: TexasPurl 0

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:  greyhoundgrandma -23

Have a happy week! 💖 

Edited by TexasPurl

Wow, wasn’t expecting a medal! Woohoo! 🎉🎉🎉

• Like 1

+ 4 was from the previous week,I posted a + 5 for this week

thanks for changing it

Edited by pineknott
  • Like 1

I'll tell the man in the moon hello for y'all. LOL

I finished the baby blanket except for weaving in the ends and used up another skein...+2.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

I didn't get to post the last 2 weekends. Since Jan. 26th I've used/given away 20 balls  :yay (+ 20). I bought 1 skein of pink to finish a UFO I found while going through bins in the basement (- 2) :( . In the last 2 weeks I finished a baby afghan (UFO), made 3 hats and 6 pocket prayer shawls. So I'm starting this week off great. Hope to have more done by Sat.

WTD:  + 18   YTD:  + 33

Ellie 13

• Like 1

I was bad.  I was very, very bad.  But the clearance sale at Michael's MADE me do it!  🤣  And they were the big 1000 yard skeins.  

Checking in today since I'll be away from service tomorrow.

WTD -20, YTD -92

• Like 1

Hi all!!

I finished the second mer-corn and finished off 2 skeins there, then made major headway on my ginormous dragon FINALLY and used up 6 skeins there!!! 

WTD +16

YTD +97

At this point,  I'm nearly done with the dragon's wings and then he's all done! And because he's all together,  he's huge and taking up a lot of space in my living room lol so I really need to get him done ASAP

just fyi for size comparison....my daughter is a typical sized 4 year old laying on the dragon and Hubs is 4 ft 10 inches tall holding it lol

20200210_175703.jpg

20200210_175855.jpg

20200211_121348.jpg

20200211_134954.jpg

20200215_130827.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Inkked0317 said:

Hi all!!

I finished the second mer-corn and finished off 2 skeins there, then made major headway on my ginormous dragon FINALLY and used up 6 skeins there!!! 

WTD +16

YTD +97

At this point,  I'm nearly done with the dragon's wings and then he's all done! And because he's all together,  he's huge and taking up a lot of space in my living room lol so I really need to get him done ASAP

just fyi for size comparison....my daughter is a typical sized 4 year old laying on the dragon and Hubs is 4 ft 10 inches tall holding it lol

Just wow! That's fantastic!

• Like 1

It's been a rough week. Very little stitching. I received a box of pretty yarn from my yarn angel that made it all better. Except my scores! 😄

WTD -72

Scores for the week ending 2/15/20:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +18

Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +16

Bronze Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +4

pineknott +3

PAndrus -20

Shoot the Moon Winner: TexasPurl -72

• Sad 1

Yarn order came in today. Three skeins for a baby sweater.... -6.

• Like 1

Love the dragon! I've been working on a purse/pouch thing that hangs around your neck. My brother wants some for him and his friends for passports/wallets when they go to Germany next summer. He sent me a photo of something from L.L. Bean to give me an idea. I've made small purses with neck straps before, but he asked for cotton, a certain size and adjustable straps. A got a prototype done, it took a skein Sugar & Cream with a yard +/- left :yay (+ 2). I'm sending it to my brother to see what he thinks. I might get another one done by Sat. 

WTD:  + 2   YTD:  + 35

Ellie 13

• Like 1

did some de -stashing this week,yarn that won't be used by us,will make someone else happy

wtd + 15 ytd + 81

• Like 1

The sale yarn is still coming in - Going to make you all look good this week!  Hopefully next week will be the last shipment.  I did manage to use 1.37 miles of yarn this week, though!  

Stashbusting CAL 2020 - WTD -125, YTD -217

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAndrus said:

The sale yarn is still coming in - Going to make you all look good this week!  Hopefully next week will be the last shipment.  I did manage to use 1.37 miles of yarn this week, though!  

Stashbusting CAL 2020 - WTD -125, YTD -217

Sounds like some good sales! That's a lot of yarn to use in a week! I started to tell you last time that -20 really wasn't being very bad, but thought maybe that wouldn't sound very nice. LOL Do you have plans for the yarn already?

• Like 1

I finished a doll blanket and a skein of yarn...+2  = -4.

Older son is coming to visit today, so probably no crochet time. It was one step forward last week and one step back this week. LOL

WTD -4

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

I gave away 4 skeins & used 2 skeins on a tote bag & shelter mats. That's a really good week for me!

WTD +12

one more to add to my count

wtd + 16  ytd + 82

• Like 1