2020 Stashbusting CAL

TexasPurl

A friend just had her baby earlier than expected....and the NICU only allows 100% cotton to be used....and I have zero cotton in my stash....so I'm going to buy cotton for this new tiny blessing ♡ I might just claim Shoot the Moon for next week already lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inkked0317 said:

A friend just had her baby earlier than expected....and the NICU only allows 100% cotton to be used....and I have zero cotton in my stash....so I'm going to buy cotton for this new tiny blessing ♡ I might just claim Shoot the Moon for next week already lol

No worries if it's for a new baby! :manyheart

39 minutes ago, TexasPurl said:

No worries if it's for a new baby! :manyheart

Exactly my thinking!! So I could only find the small 2.5 oz Sugar N Cream skeins and I wasn't sure how many I would need...and I figured better over buy than under buy...and there was a 20% off coupon good for today only......so.....I brought home 14 of them lol....plan is to start with the NICU blanket & see how much that takes, and then move on to octopi and hats...and extra blankets if there's enough left over...I'll take the hit to my score! Have to have something finished to be washed & dried & delivered to the new auntie Wednesday evening, so here I go!!

• Like 1

Debbie, everyone needs a yarn angel like yours! Pretty colors. She must have an awesome stash.

I finished a scarf and a skein...+2 = -39.

Used a skein on a scarf...+2 = -37.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

May as well get this over with. :ohdear I used 1 skein on a tote bag, 1 ball & tons of little scrappies on shelter mats (I have 13 to deliver to the cat shelter for January) & I received 57 skeins from my yarn angel:angel. It was a good week.

WTD -111

Have a Happy week!

I got in my Annie's Attic order for the latest skeins for the Seaside Afghan (Stripe of the Month).  At the rate they're sending yarn for this, I'll probably have enough to make TWO of these afghans!  So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -6  YTD -12  :D

So..I bought a total of 16 skeins of cotton yarn this week, and used 8 skeins and a ball....

WTD -15

YTD +76

I started a preemie blanket only to realize the yarn was scented (when did that become a thing?) So I returned 7 skeins and brought home 9 lol...I turned that first attempt into a lavender scented hot pad for the kitchen, then made a preemie blanket,  2 hats, and 2 octopus for this little lovie. 

Her momma has been posting updates every day and she's doing incredibly well ♡ and then she sent me pictures....

Her big sis loves the "oppopuss" so I'll be using the left over yarn to make her a bigger one (going to double strand it) just for her.

received_855364804909585.jpeg

received_1334362280101050.jpeg

• Like 1

Scores for the week ending 02/01/2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner: howieann  +6

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:  pineknott +4

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner: :shrug

Been Shopping: 

• PBLKNP -6
  • Inkked0317 -15
  • greyhoundgrandma -35

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner  TexasPurl -111

Oh my!

Have a happy week! 💖 

Edited by TexasPurl

So far this week, I've finished a child's scarf and rolled a skein into a ball and used a skein in a baby blanket...+3  = -27.

I used up another skein in the baby blanket...+2  = -25.

• Like 1

I hope I'll have some crochet time this afternoon, but I don't expect to use up any yarn.

WTD -25

I was closer to being through with a skein of baby yarn than I realized...+2

WTD -23

• Like 1