2020 Stashbusting CAL

TexasPurl

Not quite as productive this week but still positive. I finished out 1 little skein on a Tunisian series swatch.

WTD +2
YTD -560 
(move along now, nothing to see here)

Y'all have a Happy week! 

On 8/26/2020 at 10:37 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

I finally finished a skein...+2. My first score in 6 weeks.

I splurged and ordered 3 teak furls hooks from Mary Maxim's hook sale. The shipping was atrocious but I still have a Christmas gift card balance, so I treated myself.

Oooh, I'm in love with my Furls. Enjoy! You deserve them!

1 hour ago, TexasPurl said:

Not quite as productive this week but still positive. I finished out 1 little skein on a Tunisian series swatch.

WTD +2
YTD -560 
(move along now, nothing to see here)

Y'all have a Happy week! 

I ended 2011 with -595, so you haven't caught up with me yet. LOL

• Like 1

Week ending August 29, 2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner:  greyhoundgrandma +2

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:   TexasPurl +2

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner:  PBLKNP  (holding steady)

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:  :elle   Yay! No shoot the moon winner this week! 

Have a Happy week!

YTD totals for the month August 2020

🥇 Gold Medal Winner:  

🥈 Silver Medal Winner:   

🥉 Bronze Medal Winner:  

Shopping Diva

• greyhoundgrandma  -17
  • PBLKNP  -66

🚀 Shoot the Moon Winner:   TexasPurl  -560

Well, not exactly the best results for a Stashbusting challenge. We'll do better in the future. I blame it on stress from the current issues of the day. Y'all take care!

I had hoped to finish a lap throw this afternoon but I lacked 3 DC having enough yarn to finish a round. I dug out another color to finish it out with a last round or two. Used up a skein...+2.

I finished the lap throw and rolled a skein into a ball...+1  = +3.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

I knew I was close to the end of the first skein on a filet baby blanket, so I made myself finish it. Very disappointing quality for Mary Maxim Twinkle--4 knots or bad spots in it. +2

I really want to start on a baby sweater that's a Christmas present, but the dahlia blanket --also a Christmas present --really needs more attention.

I haven't been here since Aug. 22. I've made some pot holders (6 done), 2 hats and 2 and 1/2 Christmas stockings. I used 2 skeins a ball and rolled 2 skeins down (+ 7) :cheer . Tomorrow I'm going to pull up the bean and cucumber plants, they're done for the season. I think the peppers, egg plants and tomatoes will be O.K. for another week or two. When I finish the Christmas stocking, I'll be able to roll another skein down.

WTD:  + 7   YTD:  + 89

Ellie 13

• Like 1

I finished a scarf yesterday but not quite all the skein, down to a little ball....+1.

I used up a skein on a scarf, but bought a skein for a cat toy for the younger GD for Christmas (it has to be purple), so no change.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

We had a busy weekend with family & I forgot to post.

I was on track to break even this week until our grandson came for a visit bearing an early birthday gift for Nana. I'll take a hit any day when he picks out yarn for me! 💕

WTD -8

1 hour ago, TexasPurl said:

We had a busy weekend with family & I forgot to post.

I was on track to break even this week until our grandson came for a visit bearing an early birthday gift for Nana. I'll take a hit any day when he picks out yarn for me! 💕

WTD -8

That's definitely special!

• Like 1