babypoohsmom

Boxing Day 2020 CAL Share any charity work!

Doll Blanket

These have become my travel project this year.  Any time I have to go some place and wait I have a doll blanket in my bag to work on and it helps me relax.  I have a basket weave one in there now.  No idea when it will be finished but it is there when I need a waiting for someone else project.

I started a new dress Wednesday night with some I Love This Yarn that I got for Christmas. I have to say that I am not impressed. I know that I crochet tightly but the sparkle part of the yarn just seemed to be barely wrapped around the base color and it broke about 7 times while I was doing the bodice. The light purple seems to be holding up better, but I would never buy this yarn. The Joanns sparkle yarn was much easier to work with and a lot softer. This still needs some more rows, but here it is...

image.thumb.jpeg.7d6fe185d708185756d60f0b8513c997.jpeg

Bailey, just saw your doll blanket post. I always have a crochet project in my car. I have a small bag that always has cotton yarn and a hook so I can do wash cloths. I do not sit still well at all.  Lol, I would crochet at red lights if I could.  I have no problem crocheting in public. I do it all of the time. Sometimes people will ask about what I am doing or tell me that they or their mom, or whomever, used to crochet. I don't mind making small talk about my yarn projects. 

8 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

I started a new dress Wednesday night with some I Love This Yarn that I got for Christmas. I have to say that I am not impressed. I know that I crochet tightly but the sparkle part of the yarn just seemed to be barely wrapped around the base color and it broke about 7 times while I was doing the bodice. The light purple seems to be holding up better, but I would never buy this yarn. The Joanns sparkle yarn was much easier to work with and a lot softer. This still needs some more rows, but here it is...

image.thumb.jpeg.7d6fe185d708185756d60f0b8513c997.jpeg

Sorry the sparkly yarn not working out but I like the colors together.

37 nests delivered to the wildlife expo today,they were overjoyed with them,yay

• Like 2

37! Wow, you have been busy! Glad they were excited. Little babies will probably be in them very soon. 

Edited by babypoohsmom

8 hours ago, pineknott said:

37 nests delivered to the wildlife expo today,they were overjoyed with them,yay

Totally WOW.  I am so envious of your ability to make the nests.  In my best days I could not work something so tight.  I would have loved to make those and donate them to our local society.  You are very blessed to be able to do this work. (((hugs)))