babypoohsmom

Boxing Day 2020 CAL Share any charity work!

8 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Getting ready to box up these 14 scarves for Operation Gratitude.

those are so wonderful.  May God bless you and keep you in your giving.

Mona, those scarves are great. Looks like you had fun trying out a few different patterns. 

Well I finished the stocking and I have to say that stockings are just not my thing.

But I saw someone who made a little blanket that is attached to a toy, but without the amigarumi. I thought this was a genius idea and I loved making it. This is a stuffed animal from the Dollar Tree. I can for sure make more of these to donate and might even sell some. We'll see. 

image.thumb.jpeg.edcbe6fd3487dde2bb66c685f43384a0.jpegvimage.thumb.jpeg.50f772133ecb557dcdd62750d1b182eb.jpegquilt

very cute and just right for a toddler to carry around

Denise, that is sooo cute! Very doable, too. I hate making/stuffing critters, so this option is perfect.

Denise cute lovey.  I like the idea of buying the stuffed animal and that it detaches from the blanket.  

Just wanted to share these Christmas gifts I made for 2 friends - I made on for me as well- to keep gratitude in our hearts and minds in 2021.  they are gratitude journals - I made them to suit the personality of each.

grat01.jpg.82149577ccd3c5a3cf0015319ae1483a.jpggrat002.jpg.ed415d11fb553783ed14c089fdac6b2b.jpg

if nothinig else we can be grateful that it is not 2020. :rofl

Edited by darski

On 10/11/2020 at 4:31 PM, babypoohsmom said:

Well I finished the stocking and I have to say that stockings are just not my thing.

But I saw someone who made a little blanket that is attached to a toy, but without the amigarumi. I thought this was a genius idea and I loved making it. This is a stuffed animal from the Dollar Tree. I can for sure make more of these to donate and might even sell some. We'll see. 

image.thumb.jpeg.edcbe6fd3487dde2bb66c685f43384a0.jpegvimage.thumb.jpeg.50f772133ecb557dcdd62750d1b182eb.jpegquilt

That is a good idea & quick :). Just add a "long skirt" in this case it is a " big Bib" added right at a neck line to a toy and you got a Lovey!.

Not everyone can make Amigurumi and those who can that takes a lot of time....!. Hopefully that store bought toy can withstand constant washing & drying.....

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

I forgot to mention that the center is a hair tie. That way it is very secure and the whole thing won't come apart at the pull of one thread. I'm so glad there are people out there smarter than me. 

Darski. I love the idea of a gratitude journal. Some days I feel like every single emotion I have is angry or annoyed. I have been trying to be kind when I'm at the grocery store, etc.  Maybe a journal would help me realize there are more pleasant times than I thougt. I walked into a co-worker's office this morning and she said "It's 9:15 and I am ready to walk out of this place". And she is usually the most calm person in the office. I told her I appreciated her hard work before I left. Poor thing. I've been her so many days!!