Crocheting sweater sleeves- help reading pattern

GabbyMS12

Question

Here is the pattern: https://www.yarnspirations.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-master-catalog-spinrite/default/dw8a944061/PDF/CAC0329-008093M.pdf

I am working on the sleeves and am stuck where it says cont even in pattern ... Because this makes me think you would stop increasing , but in the measurements and picture in the end it looks like the increases go until the last four rows. I tried just repeating rows 5-8 but it was only 6" tall and already 12" wide. Please help in trying to finish this sweater for Christmas for my daughter!

Edited by GabbyMS12
Typo

4 answers to this question

I am doing size 8. I just checked my gauge and its on point. I'm not sure how many stitches in supposed to have because I'm not sure if I should 'keep even in pat until work from lower edge measures 12.5"' or keep increasing to make it look like the  picture. 

Thank you for any help!

The important thing is the top of the sleeve meet the width measurements given, not the shape of the sleeve.  If you keep increasing, you will end up with puffy sleeves.  It will look fine if you stop increasing near the armhole, I crochet and knit pullovers for myself and they've never been truly funnel shaped like that, even though the diagrams are.

If for some reason you do have extra fabric on the sleeve side, you want to put the 'gather' or ease at the top of the sleeve (meaning at the shoulder, not armpit), for comfort