Brunch Cardigan sleeve/wrist help please

myemerald

Question

4 answers to this question

Before looking at the pattern, the way you get a wide thing to become narrow is to decrease stitches.  Just doing a search in the pattern for "2tog", it showed up all over the place.  Copying some pertinent lines of the pattern :

In the overall pattern & sizing notes: "In order to make the sleeve side of the hexagon (Side 1) more fitted than the other sides, a dc2tog decrease is worked on the dc rounds after Round 3. "

Under 'main hexagons': "Because of the dc2tog decrease on rounds 4, 6, 8, 10, etc, Side 1 will always have fewer total stitches/spaces than the other sides. This is intentional. "

Under 'sleeve extensions: "As with main hexagon, a dc2tog dec will eliminate one st from each dc row. The dc2tog is worked just as it was previously. "

If you read the instructions under 'wrist cuff' section, it is full of 'dc2tog'.  If for some reason you want it even tighter, you might have to work out a way to add even more decreases in an evenly placed, logical way.

• Thanks 1

I know her patterns are using UK terms so if the pattern says to do a treble crochet, you should be doing a double crochet. This was the only thing I could think of. Good luck!

Sorry, I just looked at the pattern and realized it's written in US terms. I guess I should've looked at the pattern first. Oops

Edited by Cindymcb

54 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

If you read the instructions under 'wrist cuff' section, it is full of 'dc2tog'.  If for some reason you want it even tighter, you might have to work out a way to add even more decreases in an evenly placed, logical way.

I didn't even see the cuff section!  I wasn't ready to start seaming, so didn't even look in that section 🤦‍♀️

Thank you!