myemerald

Brunch Cardigan sleeve/wrist help please

Question

I'm working on the Brunch Cardigan.  The pattern works the sleeves straight to the wrists, but they are very wide, her pictures show that she made them fitted at the wrists.  I'm looking for suggestions on how to do that please.  You can see her pictures on the link provided.

Thank you!

4 answers to this question

Before looking at the pattern, the way you get a wide thing to become narrow is to decrease stitches.  Just doing a search in the pattern for "2tog", it showed up all over the place.  Copying some pertinent lines of the pattern :

In the overall pattern & sizing notes: "In order to make the sleeve side of the hexagon (Side 1) more fitted than the other sides, a dc2tog decrease is worked on the dc rounds after Round 3. "

Under 'main hexagons': "Because of the dc2tog decrease on rounds 4, 6, 8, 10, etc, Side 1 will always have fewer total stitches/spaces than the other sides. This is intentional. "

Under 'sleeve extensions: "As with main hexagon, a dc2tog dec will eliminate one st from each dc row. The dc2tog is worked just as it was previously. "

If you read the instructions under 'wrist cuff' section, it is full of 'dc2tog'.  If for some reason you want it even tighter, you might have to work out a way to add even more decreases in an evenly placed, logical way.

• Thanks 1

I know her patterns are using UK terms so if the pattern says to do a treble crochet, you should be doing a double crochet. This was the only thing I could think of. Good luck!

Sorry, I just looked at the pattern and realized it's written in US terms. I guess I should've looked at the pattern first. Oops

Edited by Cindymcb

54 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

If you read the instructions under 'wrist cuff' section, it is full of 'dc2tog'.  If for some reason you want it even tighter, you might have to work out a way to add even more decreases in an evenly placed, logical way.

I didn't even see the cuff section!  I wasn't ready to start seaming, so didn't even look in that section 🤦‍♀️

Thank you!