Sign in to follow this  
Elaine Pack

Ninja Crochet!

Some of you may have already noticed this, but it was a surprise to me. I'd been working a goodly amount of time, couple of hours, on the Clown Bunny for my daughter's upcoming baby, just doing my thing, more or less on a roll as it were. After I took a break, I happened to look at my Fitbit device, and I was astounded that it said I had logged a couple of thousand steps that day! Sounds nice, but as noted, I'd been pretty much just sitting in my chair crocheting. Who knew it was so intensive!

Come to find out, I knew that it not only tracked your steps but apparently your arm motion too, since after all when we walk, we do swing our arms. I just hadn't been walking, but it picked up the arm motions alone and counted them as steps :)

So funny!

elaine

That's hilarious (that the fitbit 'thinks that way'), but also very cool.  Crochet as an aerobic workout, who knew?  :lol 

Yes, I have noticed the same. Oddly not always when I crochet--maybe it depends on where I'm sitting and whether there's an armrest. I don't really know.