ms

Mmeades

Question

Hello I wondered if you could help me.  I found a lovely image on google,  and loved the border or edge they used.  If you type in peach scallop edge baby blanket it comes up.   The pattern was free on ravelry or on the website but the link says 404 error the page cannot be found.   I only want to use the border but I am new to crochet.  Do you know how I can create that border please.   https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&rlz=1CAEAQE_enGB808&sxsrf=ACYBGNQNFIp4ZaUIkjHTrpAcIb6kqW6zCg:1572510558493&q=peach+scallop+edge+baby+blanket&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiJ7_mpisblAhUyUxUIHalNCuYQ7Al6BAgJECQ&biw=1366&bih=665#imgrc=sobrgkn_dBdl7M:

13 answers to this question

Hi, welcome to the Ville!   What is the name of the pattern on ravelry?  

From your pic, I can see it's done in two rows.  First make some arches: sc, chain five (or so), skip five sts, sc, ch five, sc.....   second row, in middle of first arch make an sc.  then in second arch make about twelve dc.  In third arch make an sc.  

sc is single crochet, dc is double crochet (u.s. Terms).

Luckily this pattern isn't too convoluted and the stitches are fairly easy to count in this photo. 

I agree with Magiccrochetfan's construction description with the tiny exception that I think I'm seeing 3 empty/skipped pink stitches under the arch (so the arch takes up 5 stitches from the row below -- sc1, chain x, skip 3, sc1)  Then in the area between the scallops, I'm seeing 4 empty/skipped stitches between the arches, so uses 6 stitches from the row below.  Double check me by all means, but I've marked the pink stitches that I'm seeing with sc in them with a blue arrow, and the skipped stitches with a red dot.

arch.png

Go back to that link you shared, and click on the picture that has "Pinterest" below it.  I think that is the pattern for the blanket and edging.

2 hours ago, Granny Square said:

I'm seeing 3 empty/skipped pink stitches under the arch (so the arch takes up 5 stitches from the row below -- sc1, chain x, skip 3, sc1)  Then in the area between the scallops, I'm seeing 4 empty/skipped stitches between the arches, so uses 6 stitches from the row below.  Double check me by all means, but I've marked the pink stitches that I'm seeing with sc in them with a blue arrow, and the skipped stitches with a red dot.

arch.png

Ah yes, with the helpful markings I can see it much clearer now!    :tired

1 hour ago, Avon Lady said:

Go back to that link you shared, and click on the picture that has "Pinterest" below it.  I think that is the pattern for the blanket and edging.

I tried to track it back, but it seems to no longer be on the original blog.  The pattern i believe is listed on Ravelry, so even though that won't give the pattern, there might be project photos/notes, or helpful comments there.  For some reason I can't open Ravelry today so i can't check it (going to have to reboot I guess and try again).  

11 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

Ravelry is working for me today (just now too) just in case you thought it might be down, unless it's a regional (hopefully temporary) thing.

Thanks!  I did check the thing where you can ping Ravelry and it didn't show any problems, so I'm pretty sure it is just me--or like you said it could be regional I guess, I don't know if the thing i checked would show that.  

Well you're ahead of me, I'd have to look up how to ping.

I think they've been tinkering with updating servers and I seem to recall there have been regional issues. (goes to look)  hmm, seeing some issues with internet providers in Germany  a couple of days ago but I don't think that applies to you....part of that discussion said, if you are using Chrome, to use incognito mode or turn off 'data server'.  Note - I'm on Chrome and haven't had to change anything...

If I find anything else relevant I'll come back.

8 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

Well you're ahead of me, I'd have to look up how to ping.

Oh no, I had to look it up! 😉

Also, I tried with both safari and chrome.  But I'm kind of outdated on  safari, however everything else is working.  

Edited by magiccrochetfan

On 10/31/2019 at 1:36 AM, Mmeades said:

Hello I wondered if you could help me.  I found a lovely image on google,  and loved the border or edge they used.  If you type in peach scallop edge baby blanket it comes up.   The pattern was free on ravelry or on the website but the link says 404 error the page cannot be found.   I only want to use the border but I am new to crochet.  Do you know how I can create that border please.   https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&rlz=1CAEAQE_enGB808&sxsrf=ACYBGNQNFIp4ZaUIkjHTrpAcIb6kqW6zCg:1572510558493&q=peach+scallop+edge+baby+blanket&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiJ7_mpisblAhUyUxUIHalNCuYQ7Al6BAgJECQ&biw=1366&bih=665#imgrc=sobrgkn_dBdl7M:

Welcome to Crochetville. If you haven't already, contact the pattern author either through her site contact, on Ravelry or through her YouTube videos named Raidy's Crochet.

On 10/31/2019 at 11:21 AM, Granny Square said:

Luckily this pattern isn't too convoluted and the stitches are fairly easy to count in this photo. 

I agree with Magiccrochetfan's construction description with the tiny exception that I think I'm seeing 3 empty/skipped pink stitches under the arch (so the arch takes up 5 stitches from the row below -- sc1, chain x, skip 3, sc1)  Then in the area between the scallops, I'm seeing 4 empty/skipped stitches between the arches, so uses 6 stitches from the row below.  Double check me by all means, but I've marked the pink stitches that I'm seeing with sc in them with a blue arrow, and the skipped stitches with a red dot.

arch.png

What I am seeing is: instead of 4 skipped  I see 5 skipped. I could be wrong, maybe I need new eye glasses? LOL.

Krys

My poor old eyes...I'm still seeing 3 skipped stitches under both of the DC arches.  (I guess they are all arch-like; for clarity I'm going to call the arches with DCs 'arches', and the ones with 1 sc 'spans'.)

But now, I think I'm seeing 5, not 4 skipped stitches under the span on the right.  The span on the left still looks like 4 to me.  (squint)  I think.  Hmm.

Hopefully the OP has enough info to swatch and see which works best.  I'm thinking this might be one of those things where a person's stitch height compared to the designer's might make a difference and warrant tweaking.

Really I think this is the kind of edging where one can fudge the stitch counts a bit and get essentially the same result.   Also I agree that individual stitch gauge will likely make a big difference.  Not to mention that stitch counts may have to be fudged to make the scallops fit along the blanket edge evenly.  

Possibly a bigger question is how to work around the corners to get the desired look!  For that, I'd recommend reviewing Around the Corner Crochet Borders by E Eckman, it has great info for this kind of decision.