Izzybe

Bead stitch crochet hat

Question

I need help on Round 10 www.5littlemonsters.com

5C05AC9A-4E81-4DC2-B18B-3FD5A6086042.jpeg

Edited by Izzybe
More info

4 answers to this question

More direct link to the pattern https://www.5littlemonsters.com/2018/01/bead-stitch-crochet-hat.html

Copying the 'special stitches' description here so we don't have to click back and forth; the pattern also has links to stitch videos on both stitches (I didn't click them, hope they were helpful?).

"special stitches:  hdc in 3rd loop: work the hdc in the loop/bar behind the top of the stitch that you normally work into
bead stitch:  the bead stitch is basically a puff stitch worked around the post of the dc next to it"

The only thing that I thought was unusual (at first, before looking at the pattern) was a reference to the 'third loop', which now I see simply means the back bar.  The 'third loop' is first mentioned in round 8, so you should have been using that back bar/third loop for 2 rounds before round 10.  The pattern also uses the convention "[something in brackets], repeat around" in earlier rounds, instead of using * to define repeats, so that is not new for round 10.

The only thing that I can see that is different in round 10 is that it has you making an increase in the back bar/third loop.  Prior rounds has you doing 'normal' increases, and working 1 stitch into a back bar.  Not sure if that is what you were stuck on?  

PS, welcome to the 'ville!

I understand all of that the thing I want to know is so do I do 2 in one stitch then 1 in one stitch for 14 times then two and so on 

Correct--the repeat over groups of 15 stitches:  2 stitches in the first, and 1 each in the next 14.

5 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

Correct--the repeat over groups of 15 stitches:  2 stitches in the first, and 1 each in the next 14.

Ok so just repeat that till the end ok thank you so much