Christmas Gifts

LillyDollDesigns

Question

Just curious, what sort of gifts will all of you be making for people? Also, I have a problem. I can't figure out what to give to my cousin, brother, dad, and uncle. Disclaimer, they won't want hats, sweaters, scarves or slippers. Any ideas? My dad likes fishing, my uncle like machines of all kinds, my cousin likes harry potter and Zelda, my brother likes airsoft and palio art. My brother is probably the hardest to gift of them all, he doesn't like very much stuff and airsoft stuff is very expensive.

5 answers to this question

Sorry to hear they will not wear those things, but I have the same problem.  To bad your cousin does not like scarves, There are some cool patterns for HP scarves.  I don't crochet anyone anything for Christmas either.

I have been pondering that a lot lately, and here's what I've come up with:

As to the men in your life, ugh, I feel your pain.  If you choose to get gift cards, I have begun presenting them by putting them in a clear glass jar, standing the gift card up in the center and then filling with wrapped candy (kisses, mini peanut butter cups, etc.).  Put a neat ribboned bow around the jar (check a craft shop for ribbons with fish, checkered, HP theme, or guns on them, or something related) and slide it into a gift bag.  It's a fun way to give a gift card.  I don't know how old your cousin is, but maybe he'd like a big bag full of chocolate frogs and an HP themed book/journal?  That bookmark link I gave you has some London ones that are neat.  Good luck!  :)