What are the stitches called?

K1P2

Question

Hello!

I recently got into crocheting, though I have been knitting for a long time, and need some help on finding the names of the stitches in a pattern.

The scarf in the middle of the second picture.  I think that this scarf is crochet and I have been wanting to try and make it.  But I am not sure what the stitches are.  Is this a crochet pattern? And if so, what are the stitches called?

Thanks so much!

2 answers to this question

Took me a minute to figure out how to see the second pic 😂   Sorry but I'm pretty sure its knit, garter st with some eyelets.  But it'd be easy to crochet something with a very similar look, just make a chain the length you want the scarf to be, and start making looong rows, using different colors for each row for the stripes.  You could throw in different height stitches (single, double, half double) and to make the eyelet part just chain 1, skip 1 for example.  

the one in the pic looks like bulky yarn, but i would use no bigger than worsted to get a similar look in crochet.  

I agree with Kathy that the middle scarf (on Anne, right?) is knit, garter stitch.  The one on the left is crochet.  I haven't caught up with the Anne storyline since the first season, but you've made me want to get caught up now.  Thanks!  :)