Help with pattern

beachbaby1924

Question

Hi all,

I am crocheting  an afghan that has a weave pattern. I have finished the afghan and I'm attempting to do the vertical weave and somehow I have added stitches so the weave will not be even. I'm not sure how to correct this. Here is a link for the afghan I'm working on so you can see a photo for reference.   https://www.joann.com/how-to-make-a-woven-plaid-crochet-blanket/36810886P147.html#prefn1=brand&prefn2=prod_type&srule=new-products&prefv1=Caron&prefv2=Project&addShipToHomeConditions=false&start=1

Thanks in advance for your help,
Debbie

6 answers to this question

I'm not sure I totally understand what the problem is, but I think it will look okay if the plaid is not perfectly centered.  You've got a sequence of colors to use, so when you get to the end of those directions, if you have stitches left over, just repeat as much of the sequence as you can.

if you want to keep it centered, you need to figure out how much extra you have, and add that many strands of the bone at each edge, then do the weave according to that plan.

hope that makes sense, let me know if not!  

Thanks for responding!

This afghan is all double crochet. I've been adding the vertical weave and I noticed that at the top I have 22 dc left to weave and at the bottom I have 25 dc. I've determined where the stitches were added but couldn't quite figure out how to fix it. I thought this would be a quick and easy project! Haha

I agree with magiccrochetfan, best solution is to rip back to the error row and re-do.

A solution that probably wouldn't be much less of a pain, and might not look great, is to attach yarn at the first too-short row and try to add the extra stitches in a way that blends in at that edge.