New here

jfis2053

Hello, I'm Julia. I have been a very basic crocheter for about 5 years. I have done easy chunky beanies, dishcloths, scarves, and a blanket. I have recently found myself with some extra time on my hands and would really like to start exploring some more advanced things.

• Like 1

Welcome to Crochetville from Northwest Washington, USA.  There is so much to explore in crochet.  Is there anything in particular you are interested in?  There is slip stitch crochet, Tunisian crochet, double ended Tunisian crochet, tapestry crochet, just to name a few.

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Hi Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.

Thank you, I'm from the lakes region of NH. 

1 hour ago, JustDeb said:

Welcome to Crochetville from Northwest Washington, USA.  There is so much to explore in crochet.  Is there anything in particular you are interested in?  There is slip stitch crochet, Tunisian crochet, double ended Tunisian crochet, tapestry crochet, just to name a few.

Hi from the lakes region of NH. To be honest, all I know is chain, single, magic circle, turning, and double. I am going to attempt a hooded blanket for my teen daughters for Christmas, some fingerless gloves, and mittens. I have trouble learning new stitches since I am a hands on learner and can't read instructions and do it. 

2 hours ago, jfis2053 said:

Hi from the lakes region of NH. To be honest, all I know is chain, single, magic circle, turning, and double. I am going to attempt a hooded blanket for my teen daughters for Christmas, some fingerless gloves, and mittens. I have trouble learning new stitches since I am a hands on learner and can't read instructions and do it. 

there are tons of how to videos on Youtube.  Here is a search on youtube for hooded blankets:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hooded+unicorn+blanket+crochet+pattern+free

This will get you started.  There is Nothing you can't find on Youtube.  It's crazy wonderful.

• 1 month later...