Help pleaassee!

Sarah_Anderson

Question

Hey all,

I have been trying to figure this pattern out and what I've been doing wrong forever. I keep getting stuck on the 3rd round and how to get it to look like the picture it's supposed to. I posted before to get an idea of what I am supposed to do but I guess I'm still confused. 

fullsizeoutput_f49.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f4a.jpeg

1 answer to this question

First round is 18 DC.

Second round is done on the wrong side, with (sc, tr) in each stitch, pushing treble to right side.  When you do a treble surrounded on all sides by sc, the treble wants to 'sit down' to be the same height as the sc, you can poke the treble to 1 side or the other, it forms a tiny little bump, which is what 'pushing treble to right side' is all about.

Round 3 is ch2, turn, skip next tr, (decrease, ch2) around to last tr.  Then, I agree what comes next is a little confusing, because it sort of sounds like you keep going (but there's nowhere to go!) I believe what it's explaining how to do the decrease.

Round 2 was made in the order of sc treble, but when you turn for round 3, what's facing you in order is treble, sc. 

.....oh, I see where the confusion is, and I may have led you astray when you posted a few days ago asking about 'legs', sorry.  99% of the time a decrease is between 2 of the same sort of stitches, and you make the first stitch just short of the last yo and pull thru, then the second stitch to the last yo and pull thru, then yo and pull thru all 3 loops on the hook to finish.  Usually if it's over 3 stitches, it will say (example, if all the sts are dc) 'dc3tog'. 

But HERE, it's just saying decrease...because there is a a specific and unusual definition of what a decrease means in this pattern, just to the left of the instruction for the row 3 you are stuck on, under 'stitch guide'.  It's easy to overlook a stitch guide, and I was just about to until the word 'decrease' there caught my eye.  In this case it talks about the 'legs'.

The pattern's definition of a it's special decrease, here over 3 stitches, is very clearly written and I don't think I can say it better than the stitch guide does.  So, round 3 says to skip the first stitch (which is a treble, as I said above), follow exactly what it says until it says 'decrease' then go over the decrease definition and copy it step by step, then go back to round 3 and continue from the word decrease - so the next step is ch2.  After that, you will repeat what is in the ( ), so (decrease, ch2) all the way around until the last tr, where it tells you what to do step by step.

I hope this helps?