Hi all!

Elaine Pack

I have been crocheting for many years, albeit not on as regular a basis as I'd have liked, thanks to having that pesky career in Information Technology :) My grandmother was a real pro and also did tatting (which didn't "take" with me, unfortunately). But I did take one of her ideas that I've remembered for many years. I have distinct memories of her making crocheted booties for all my mother's friends who were pregnant way back in the day (she was barely 20 when she had ME :) When my OWN daughter grew up and HER friends started having babies, I started making a pair for each of them :) However, now MY daughter is preggers, so I'm ready to go wild!

Elaine
Charlotte NC

Hi Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.

Congrats on the new member to soon join your family.  Lots of ideas and encouragement here.  Try the CAL's, both group to encourage: 

and the Granny Squares  There is lots of talking about our everyday stuff and  crocheting in both.

Hi Elaine, I am new here also. Congrats on becoming a grandma! There are a lot of free patterns on the internet for super cute booties. All different sizes and all different styles. I have made quite a few with hopes that I become a grandma in the near future.😊

Edited by Gincy

• 1 month later...