Miss 4tr 5tr into next tr

Lorrainedal

Hi I m new to this site just started back doing crochet after many years I m doing a baby blanket can anyone please help me with (miss 4tr 5tr into next tr) on my pattern I know what a treble is this forms my pattern over next 80 rows  

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Lorrainedal

It means to skip over four stitches, just don't do anything in those four stitches.  Then in the next stitch, make five trebles.  

One quirky thing about crochet terms is that in the English language we have two naming systems for stitches.  The US system, and the U.K./Australian system.   They are one step off from each other, so what we in the US call a double, in the U.K. System is a treble.  Be sure you know which your pattern uses.  Sounds like it's U.K., where the word miss is more common than skip.  

And welcome to the Ville!  

Edited by magiccrochetfan
Add info

Welcome to the 'ville! 

I agree with Magiccrochetfan's advice for how to execute the instruction and that the word choice sounds like UK terms.  One sure way to tell is the turning chain - if after ending a row it says "chain 3, treble" it is pretty certain to be  UK, as the turning chain is 3 for UK treble/US double.  Another (slangy) way to remember is "if it says single crochet, it's not UK"