I posted in the technical forum and I can't log in unless I  change my password again. I have changed it 5 times. I am not sure if it is my password or my email but I can't log in unless I change my password again  to read  technical forum I am registered to my knowledge. I just logged in using my last password but only offer receiving option through email to reset.It won't take password on home page sign in for some reason.

ok I finally got logged back in thanks to an email asking me to complete registration and just now again it would not accept my password again. I had to change it again.What am I supposed to do??? Thank you.

Any help is appreciated. (perplexeds) Thank you!

Edited by perplexed

@perplexed I'm so sorry for the login difficulty you're having! Everything about your profile seems normal in the admin back end, so I'm going to have to submit a support ticket to our forum software provider to sort this out. I'll update as soon as I have more info.

@perplexed here is the reply from support. Please let me know how this goes.

This is most likely a browser issue on the users end, remember and auto filling the old password, please have them disable auto fill on the browser and also disable any password managers as they may also be auto filling an old password.

Totally don't know if this will make a difference, and this advice is if you are on a PC but it can't hurt and is a good idea to do every so often anyway.  Have you cleared your cache, browsing history and cookies?  And cleared saved passwords as well?  Warning, you better have all your other passwords written down or managed somewhere.  Also couldn't hurt to do a disk cleanup too. 

That is exactly what was happening to me for many months last year. Finally I got "kicked out"  out of here for good!. I was out of this site for about half year.

Donna fixed my problem couple months ago. Now I am back! :).

Krys

• Like 1

This may be completely irrelevant, but throwing this out there if it helps poor Perplexed, and in case my problem wasn't the same as Krys'--and Amy helped me, not Donna.

I had gotten kicked off a few software revisions ago (June 2016) because your server security software thought I was a a bad guy for some reason.  Since I couldn't get HERE any more, I posted "help me!" at the Ravelry Crochetville group.  I had to give Amy my MAC Id, IIRC, so she could 'tell' the server I was OK to let in.

I just changed my password again I am about to check box to keep me signed in I think I tried that so we all see if I can log back in. I want to thank all of you for trying to help. I appreciate all of you. If I don't update that means I cannot get back in again .oops I think I only get that option at log in lol lol we will see .

Edited by perplexed

• 1 month later...

I logged in after changing my password again and logged out could not get back in again . It said The display name or password were incorrect. Please try again (make sure your caps lock is off) . I did it 2 more times same thing. I guess it is not meant to be. I thank all of you for your input and grannysquare for the crossed fingers.

I sent a help request to the Ravelry Crochetville group like villager but I have no ID what my computer Id is and do I really want to give that out? I am logging out again . Thanks

Edited by perplexed

Hi Perplexed, I'm sorry you are still having this trouble.  When I had problems in 2016 and posted on Ravelry, Amy (the other co-founder, along with Donna) private-messaged me via Ravelry to explain how to find my computer ID to her via return private message (I don't recall how to find the ID now, although it was easy to do).  I wouldn't have given my ID to anyone else, and I would never have communicated that info in an open forum like this that anyone can see, but I trust Amy (and Donna) to keep that that info private.

Donna is the more active Crochetville founder here nowadays (Amy is busy with her boutique IIRC) and hopefully she should be able to help you.

I remember long time ago (couple/few years ago) when i was "blocked" from here and needed that ID.  I tried and I could not get that ID. Than I thought of Google and I got my ID from there.

If Donna told you you need to get that ID, that is what you need to do. Get that ID and send that to her. As for me I never had a second thoughts about not trusting Donna or Amy. Those ladies are no crooks! LOL

Krys