NCcountrygal

3 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

The nose stitch is fun and looks nice. I used it on current project 

That might look cute. It is a bobble stitch for a nose :)

I made 2 Gnomes with long legs so they can sit on a mental or shelf. Made one few years ago another one about 2 years ago. Here is a picture of him sitting on a stack of gift boxes. I used to call him: "Santa Gonk". I have no idea what is the difference between a "Gnome" and a "Gonk"?? LOL

Krys

DSC00238.JPG

Edited by USpolishgirl
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

I have no idea what is the difference between a "Gnome" and a "Gonk"?? LOL

Probably, no difference.  Adorable.  I have a pattern for similar look (somewhere).  Different names in different parts of world.  I think the pattern for above gnome, called the nose created w a 5 dc cluster stitch.

43 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

Probably, no difference.  Adorable.  I have a pattern for similar look (somewhere).  Different names in different parts of world.  I think the pattern for above gnome, called the nose created w a 5 dc cluster stitch.

Thank you. I made that Gong with NO pattern, I did not had any pattern. I think I made that nose little too big LOL. Everything was done with sc stitch including that nose. I got the idea from here, someone posted something  looking close to that (NO legs).

On 9/20/2019 at 1:44 PM, NCcountrygal said:

The nose looks cute, too small it would disappear in the beard.  bwg

I made a ball for his body. Than added arms, legs & hat on top. I did put some weight at the bottom of that ball (inside) so he would not be sliding down from shelf's and siting straight up! :) 

Diana: Very cute . I like your photo too with him guarding the candle. LOL

Krys: Yours is a cutie also. Good idea on weighting him on his bottom. Slipping off the shelf would make everyone think he had one too many wódka! LOL 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Reni :).  I hope you are doing better, only time will help.

What kind a key board do you  have? Is is "europian"? LOL. I am asking that because of that word "wodka". As you can see my "wodka"  is different than yours  LOL. Yours is writing in Polish :).

Krys

20 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Hello Reni :).  I hope you are doing better, only time will help.

What kind a key board do you  have? Is is "europian"? LOL. I am asking that because of that word "wodka". As you can see my "wodka"  is different than yours  LOL. Yours is writing in Polish :).

Krys

Hi Krys- No special keyboard. I go online and look up translated words and copy and paste. My mother had a good friend from Poland and I remember her saying wódka in Polish instead of English. Of course, my mother pronounced it the same as she was Austrian.

If you use Microsoft Word Document in Windows, you should be able to go into "Tools" and change to your desired language to write in.

• Like 1

NCcountrygal and Krys, cute gnomes!  'Gonk' is a gnome pattern that the designer has also created about a zillion outfits for, this is just a subset

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gonk-heroes-outfits-4-pack

For non-US characters, if if you're using a PC, google 'alt codes', you'll find charts that show a symbol and a number, here's one https://www.alt-codes.net/

Hmm, I'm having brain fog with how to work the single digit codes, I'll come back if I figure it out.  But for 2 or more digit codes, hold down the alt key and type the number for the letter or symbol you want.  Here's 13 and 14 for example ♪ ♫. Wódka, the little ó is alt+162.  Only problem with this is you have to hunt all over for the letter, so it wouldn't be helpful if you wanted to type a novel in Polish for example.  My last job was for a company in headquartered in Scotland that used GBP (currency), so I had alt+156 memorized £, and occasionally here conversing about the weather I'll use alt+0176 for °.  

Figured out what I did wrong, you need to use the number pad and have NmLk (number lock) key on.  NmLk was on, but I was using the numbers above the letters (the ones where a capital 8 is *, etc.) for the single digits.  So happy faces for all! ☺☺☺

Edited by Granny Square
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow! Granny Square- I completely forgot about the alt+ codes. It's been a long while since I used them; I'm talking late 1980's.