Benita

Starfish bunting crochet pattern

Hi my name is Benita and Im working on a starfish bunting crochet pattern and one part says to work 2 rows evenly across the edge what does that mean please let me know ty

Hi Benita, welcome to the 'ville!

When a pattern says 'work even', it usually means to work in rounds or rows without increasing or decreasing.  You usually see this when the prior rows have been some sort of shaping.  Example for a hat, where you usually start from a center point at the top of the head and increase every row, then stop increasing and 'work even' to the brim.

Is this the pattern? https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/182-starfish-baby-bunting-and-hat-set  If so, and the 'star' shape is not a really crisp points, I'd guess that what I described is what the pattern is intending.

Hi Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.

1 hour ago, Granny Square said:

When a pattern says 'work even', it usually means to work in rounds or rows without increasing or decreasing.  You usually see this when the prior rows have been some sort of shaping.  Example for a hat, where you usually start from a center point at the top of the head and increase every row, then stop increasing and 'work even' to the brim.

Is this the pattern? https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/182-starfish-baby-bunting-and-hat-set  If so, and the 'star' shape is not a really crisp points, I'd guess that what I described is what the pattern is intending.

It's twinkle.PDF

1 hour ago, Granny Square said:

Screenshot_20190917-093845.png

Screenshot_20190917-093839.png

It's the middle one that says work 2rows evenly across edge am I working dc or SC when I work evenly across

Funny, when I saw 'starfish bunting ' I thought of 'Twinkle Twinkle'.  I haven't made either pattern, but Darski has published a lot of patterns here.

Looking at the photos, the star itself seems to be all DC.  HOWEVER, I did a word search for "SC" on the pattern page, and she does make a note on the very first page that the edges are done in SC.