Project /yard storage ideas??

perplexed

Hi,  I am getting back into crocheting and I  seeking ideas for  reasonable price storage for my  thread,hooks  etc. I am using a large cloth bag and I am having to search for stuff as  I need it.I would like a caddy square or round or storage bag that has pocket for hooks and scissors and space balls of yarn.

I also would be willing to buy used  in good condition. Thanks so much and happy crocheting.

Edited by perplexed

Hi perlexed!  I looked on etsy and there are some great options.  Check HERE. Hope you find something that works for you!

ETA:  Ooo!  What about THIS?

Edited by smskutt

I don't use bags, exactly; for my project, I use something similar to this, sort of a bag but you can close it up; caveat, I don't take my work with me, it stays at home, but since it stands and stays open by itself, there's less trouble 'rummaging around' to find things.  It might not be the best solution if you carry it around wherever you go, it does close and you can carry it around by the wooden handles but doesn't 'stay closed' very well (maybe there are versions that have some sort of strap to keep it shut, or it really wouldn't be that hard to improvise something I suppose).  If you sew, there are patterns/instructions on the net to make your own, Martha Stewart has a pattern using yardsicks for the frame which is super clever.  

I crocheted a hook case for my aluminum hooks--this is the pattern I used for aluminum hooks, one from the same designer for  steel hooks.  'Other stuff' like tapestry needles, tape measure, scissors etc. is in a clear zippered makeup bag, which along with the hook cases are kept in the legged project caddy.

For yarn & thread stash (I'm not a big stash hoarder), I use lidded plastic tubs and a plastic 'chest of drawers'.  

Edited by Granny Square
  • Like 1

Thank you both so much. I see some cute things, Granny square I had one of what you use as a young girl growing up , thanks for that idea. You  sound as if you do such pretty work. I am just getting back into this after years of not crocheting. I missed it.

Smskutt I would love

ETA:  Ooo!  What about THIS?  that you linked but at this time might be a bit to fancy for me but thank you. I sure do like it though.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me.

• Like 1

I use various bags but often I have projects in different areas going on.  However, I find for my hooks those cheap plastic pencil boxes they sell this time of year for back to school are great for hooks and other supplies.  I bought a couple extra this fall and one is now holding my yarn bobbins that I just finished up using on an afghan.  In the past I kept losing them and they are getting harder to find in local stores.  So having better storage works.  I find the little pencil case fits nicely into a project bag when I want to take my stuff places and the stuff doesn't fall out of the bag it stays shut inside the pencil case.

I posted in the technical forum and I can't log in again using my password again. I have changed it 3 times. I am not sure if it is my password or my email but I can't log in again to read any replies. I am being allowed to post this and register later. I am registered to my knowledge. Any help is appreciated. (perplexeds) Thank you! perplexeds@yahoo.com