He is cute.

The way I crochet Amigurumi that would come up not taller than 4", not counting that "fufu" on top. I crochet them very TIGHT that way they look good.  Crocheting with loose stitches goes a lot faster & it is easier on hands but the look is not that nice. I use 2.75mm hook with worsted weight yarn. If you would use bigger hook or looser stitches that ghost would be  taller than 4".

If you want him smaller than 4" tall you would need to use sport weight yarn or baby weight yarn even crochet thread (that would be tiny IF you would crochet TIGHT ).

SORRY, I just fixed my reply here. I thought you said that Ghost "CAN" be very big with 23 rounds. Maybe I should get more sleep LOL

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

13 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

Adorable!  Looking at the scale of the stitches of the blanket he's sitting on, 4-ish inches looks about right.  They'd work up quickly.  👻

Those stitches on that Ghost  are looking little "loose" LOL. But, they used Vanna's Choice yarn. That yarn is softer than Super Saver yarn.  If I would use that softer yarn that Ghost would come out little over 3" tall.  When the stitches are tight those softer yarns produce smaller stitches. I am almost always using Super Saver for my Amigurumi 

Krys

I was just looking at that Ghost again. Because that shape of that Ghost it is almost the same as those Gnomes! :).  That Mary Jo made it.  Yes that head would need to be made little smaller in diameter (not much, maybe 3 or 4 stitches last). And yes, some little changes would need to be made. The color of yarn changes for Gnomes face, longer arms and that hat part longer (higher).

You could make a Gnome out of that Ghost pattern very easy:)

Krys