Nana of 4

PattiLou

:welcome to the 'ville.  I am glad decidedto join us.  We love seeing photos and hearing about everyone's projects (even non crochet projects)!  Your work is beautiful.  I love the inspiration, encouragement and motivation that I have received from fellow members.  I hope you will join in on the chatter in the CAL's so we get to know you better.  to the 'ville.  I am glad decided to join us.  We love seeing photos and hearing about everyone's projects (even non crochet projects)!  I love the inspiration, encouragement and motivation that I have received from fellow members.  I hope you will join in on the chatter in the CAL's so we get to know you better. 

You might find some ideas for your afghan if you check out afghans in show and tell. 

https://forum.crochetville.com/forum/202-afghans/

Edited by bgs

Hi PattiLou, and welcome!  I hope you enjoy it here.  :)

Not knowing your skill level or what you're willing to brave, I offer up the humble granny for a blanket idea.  It offers so many variables from one giant granny square all the way down to small squares joined together, to say nothing of your stitch choices.  The colours the maker chooses determines how simple or complicated the finished product looks.  Here are a couple of websites for you to peruse, and if you type in "Granny Blanket" on Pinterest then you should find something there to inspire you!

The Patchwork Heart is a blog/Instagram product of a prolific British crocheter.  Heather does lovely work and her tips are very helpful.  The page showcasing all of her variations on the granny stitch is HERE, and her tutorial on making the granny square is HERE.  

Another lovely British crocheter can be found at Attic24.  Lucy's projects are bright and colourful and her tutorials are in-depth and photo heavy.  HERE is the link to her Granny Stripe blanket tutorial.

If you're looking for something a little different and yet along the same line, THIS is an eye-catching Granny I just spotted whilst looking around for you.

There is no limit to the variations you can make with the simple granny.  Round, square, oval, rectangular, your call.  My profile photo is one of my favourite granny variations because when you join the squares a flower appears at every intersection.  I learned that from Heather at PH, and in case you're interested the link is HERE.

I hope something in here helped, and if I can be of any more assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

Happy Hooking!  Shani x