Loop stitch crochet

Mewing

Question

Pattern : ( sc5,sc2tog) 6 times. Loop stitch every other stitch on even rounds. Can you explain how to count this with the 2tog stitches. I assume I’d sc, then loop, then sc, then loop, then sc—-then 2tog. Is the 2tog counted as one stitch ( stitch 6) meaning the next st would be starting my next 5 stitches???  And if it is stitch 6, then is it a loop stitch????

5 answers to this question

"( sc5,sc2tog) 6 times" would be:.

sc sc sc sc sc 2 tog    SC 5 means 1 sc into each of the next 5 stitches.  This plus the sc2tog will take up 7 stitches, but give you 6 stitch 'tops', because of the 'together' stitch.  Repeat this segment 5 more times, for a total of 6 iterations.  I'm assuming this is an odd numbered round.

The next row, "Loop stitch every other stitch on even rounds" , I'd read this as loop stitch, skip a stitch; repeat across, but this is a little sloppy as it doesn't tell you how to end the row, hopefully the count will be odd so you just skip the last, er, skip.  The row above will give you increments of 6, so an even number, unless there was a single stitch starting the row before this sequence to make it odd.

Edited by Granny Square

I assumed it was an even round since she said " I assume I’d sc, then loop, then sc, then loop, then sc".  

Mewing if our explanations dont help its because we need a little more info such as the link to the pattern if its free or the name of the pattern and source.  In order to help we often need to see the instructions for the row in question and the previous row.  You may post a few rows of a pattern and not be in violation of copyright.

Yes, link to pattern if possible will help, or even if it's not a free pattern, if there is a photo of the finished item on line--sometimes looking at the photo can answer a lot of questions.  Or the name of the pattern, and the source (book, magazine), we might be able to find a photo. 

Bgs, I thought the safer guess was to interpret 'every other stitch', was to skip a stitch; I'm not a fan of the way this pattern seems to be written, we shouldn't have to guess!  If it really meant to say *loop stitch in the next stitch, sc in the next; repeat from * to end, then I'm wondering what other glitches the pattern might have.