How to deal with corners in crochet?

Miranda Smith

Question

2 answers to this question

Re: chain count - I would chain more than you think you need, and pick out the excess later.  Crochet will not unravel from the beginning end.  If you end up with like, a LOT too many chains, you can snip it shorter and unravel the rest.

What are you aiming for, here?  Are you trying to make a hexagonal lace frame?  This is going to require redesigning of a new but related outer and (probably also) inner motif at the corners.  You would want to not have to deal with #1, you would want the 2 arches to line up across from each other otherwise they'd look (pardon me, but) awful IMO.  Example, the arches should look similar to this bookmark in the straight sections, they should match up and form ovals like this in other words.

Edited by Granny Square

Just now, Granny Square said:

Re: chain count - I would chain more than you think you need, and pick out the excess later.  Crochet will not unravel from the beginning end.  If you end up with like, a LOT too many chains, you can snip it shorter and unravel the rest.

What are you aiming for, here?  Are you trying to make a hexagonal lace frame?  This is going to require redesigning of a new but related outer and (probably also) inner motif at the corners.  You would want to not have to deal with #1, you would want the 2 arches to line up across from each other otherwise they'd look (pardon me, but) awful IMO.  Example, the arches should look similar to this bookmark in the straight sections, they should match up and form ovals like this in other words.

I liked the idea of chaining many chains and snipping off the excess. As for ur question, I am not aiming for anything, I just wan to figure out how to deal with similar situations.

Thank u for ur reply.