How to????

Lilmo

Question

I have this gorgeous picture I printed out but there wasn't a pattern with it that I could buy, i tried to put the picture on here but don't know how to do that, to see if anyone knows it or where i could buy it, any help as how to put the picture on would be gratefully appreciated,

thank you.

7 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Lilmo said:

I have this gorgeous picture I printed out but there wasn't a pattern with it that I could buy, i tried to put the picture on here but don't know how to do that, to see if anyone knows it or where i could buy it, any help as how to put the picture on would be gratefully appreciated,

thank you.

Picture here=

Screenshot_20190905-054631_Gallery.jpg

Cute top!  It's knit though, not crochet.  

At first I was thinking it might be not-too-hard to re-engineer because the lace is a simple eyelet, which can be done in crochet, but then I'm not sure how the \/\/\/\/\/\/  hem would be done.  I'm not a designer, the only thing that comes to me would be to make a bunch of little bottom-up center-spine 'shawls' and connect them after so many rows into a circle, then work up from there.

One thing with knit is that the drape is different; for example that sweater might have been knit in US medium weight (4), but to get the same drape in crochet you'd probably have to use sock (1) or sport weight (2).

I'll see if I can find a similar pattern in crochet.

I could not find anything close, sorry.  Here is a link to Ravelry, if you are not a member I believe it takes you to the pattern page but loses my search criteria, which was crochet, pullover, lace (see menu at the left).  You can also add 'free' if you want, and I suggest also clicking language = English, and Universal if you like charted patterns.  Ravelry does host members' patterns (you may have to join to buy hosted paid patterns, not sure), but the rest are just references where patterns are or were, which could be in an old magazine, extinct website, out of print book, so you'd have to try to find the original source yourself.

link https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=crochet&pc=pullover&pa=lace&sort=best&view=captioned_thumbs&page=1

Thank you tremendously Granny Squares, I knew it was knit but like you suggested I have transferred them and just put my own pattern to them, I dont think I can entertain doing knitting as I've got myself hooked (pun) with crochet these past few years.

Thank you for trying to find another one for me, I am a member of Ravelry and Craftsy  and Loveknitting/crochet is where I get a my wool from.

I'll have a look myself on them, it's awful when you see a pattern you really wanna make and cant get hold of the pattern  it's happened before to me.

Good luck!

Observations: It's a T shape (so that part is easy), and the ripple/diamond follows up all the way to the neckline.  The most complicated part might be to morph the pattern for the underarm part.  Looks like the underarm might hit about where I've drawn the green line, and the red lines I marked look like the diamonds don't quite come to a point there as they do further down, don't know if that has something to do with the armhole needing more depth or just my imagination.  And, that might not translate to crochet in SC the same way, it just caught my eye.

green top.jpg