Red Heart joins Yarnspirations

NCcountrygal

Yeah, that stinks (not your helpful link!  the fact that now there's now little or no US yarn co. competition) and explains why RH products started to disappear recently.  Should have guessed when the venerable Coats and Clark went away a couple of years ago.

:sighIt is just like PNC.  They were bought out and then we lost a lot of nice colors.  I asked them a couple of times why and their answer was competition.  Yeah right.  Watch colors and types of RH disappear faster than water down the drain.

I am so tired of our yarn ending up under a Canadian Company.

Now the hunt begins for another yarn. 

I too am sad that companies are selling to foreign countries or sourcing out. Now don't get me wrong; I LOVE Canada and it's peoples and am more than happy to buy their products. I think they are one of the greatest nation's on this planet. However, greed for the almighty dollar has taken over in the USA. I do my best to shop as much as possible at my LYS, buy USA made products and eat USA grown foods, but, sadly they are disappearing so fast. I'm off my soapbox now. Sorry about the rant.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ReniC said:

I too am sad that companies are selling to foreign countries or sourcing out. Now don't get me wrong; I LOVE Canada and it's peoples and am more than happy to buy their products. I think they are one of the greatest nation's on this planet. However, greed for the almighty dollar has taken over in the USA. I do my best to shop as much as possible at my LYS, buy USA made products and eat USA grown foods, but, sadly they are disappearing so fast. I'm off my soapbox now. Sorry about the rant.

I agree.  It is getting harder and harder to find a yarn made in the USA.  I do not buy from others, but if you buy an established company, don't get rid of what made them popular.  Soapbox ready for the next one.

I'm wondering if our new trade agreement with Canada is part of the reason RH, Coats and Clark has joined the website.  The site has RH yarn marked for US and Canada sales only....  I'm not clear as to whether this is a website merger or rh yarns will be made by Spinrite.

eta I recently bought some rh yarn at Walmart and the label says, made in the usa.  I still have a lot of Pisgah, PnC cones from the sales prior to their closing as well as the perle 5 came from Pisgah.  Pisgah was hurt because they had all their eggs in one basket, more or less.  Walmart stores.  Then, the competition was added at Walmarts.  At the time there was also a cotton shortage, so other factors occurred that led to the sell out. (the owners wanted $$$$)

Edited by NCcountrygal