Sept. 2019 Table

Tampa Doll

It is now September.  Today is Labor Day and tomorrow for me, growing up, was the first day of school.

This was the last weekend for the neighborhood BBQ's.  The street use to be full of kids playing.  Dad would put the hose on the Flag Pole for the last time of the year.  There would be hotdogs, hamburgers, corn and lots of watermelon and stuff to drink.  It was always a fun time and it was the last hurrah till school started.

I grew up in a small section of Camden, called Fairview.  We went to the local elementary school, 3 blocks away, for 8 years, then into the center of town to catch the bus to Jr. High (middle school now) for 1 year, then finally on to the High School for the last 3 years. Till we went to Jr. High, we went to school with all the kids from the neighborhood.  When we hit Jr. High, it was a culture change for a lot of us.  Seemed like a million of people from all over the city.  It was scary a little, but turned out to be fun.

Gym suits for the first time, but I thought I was away from my gym teacher from grade school.  NOPE, she was there at the Jr. High, and I got her.  Ok, one year then on to someone else,  NOPE when I went to High School, there she was.  I was not good at gym and she knew it, and made sure I did EVERYTHING.  I hated the ropes and horses.  The fun part was the Modern Dance.  In High school they pulled out the wall and split the gym, boys on one side, girls on the other.  Fun times.

Enough rambling.  I like this table.  The girls are all ready for school.  I remember going camping and (sorry Brenda) had to fight the yellow jackets and bees for our food.

So here is the table for Sept.  Dedicated to School and fun times.

September 2016 Table002.JPG

September 2016 Table006.JPG

• Like 2

I had the teachers daughter in my class for gym had her from grade school to jr high then they moved away so I didn't have her in High School we only had do do one year of gym in High School.  I hated the dance and the gymnastics too.  We went to a school in Wellington CO, that was good for grade school and jr high had to go to town for High School that was awaking because you never got to see your old school buddies two many different schools and people.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all.  I liked the dance, cause when the teacher turned her back, we would stop and quickly start when she turned back around. We were bad.

First time I had to change in front of anyone, was in High School.  Not good for a shy person and take a shower. UGH!

Oh how I hated those one piece white cotton gym suits we had to wear.  It was so much better when they started letting us wear the black stretch shorts and red t shirt my last couple of years of school.  We had an incident in jr high.  The new male assistant principle made the mistake of being in the stairwell between the gym and girls locker room just as we were heading from the gym to the locker room.  Since we had a very limited time to do the mandatory shower and get dressed before heading off to next class those one piece white gym suits were unsnapped and dropped to our waists as soon as we were out of the gym and headed down those stairs to the locker room.  He was so embarrassed. 

Mary Jo yellow jackets are the absolute worst around any outside eating event.  I hate eating outdoors because of them.  From what I have seen its pretty much all yellow jackets and maybe an occasional honey bee.  Honey bees are bad around hummingbird feeders when we have a drought year and there arent any flowers for them to work.  Love the table and thanks for the closeup of the tree.  I had forgotten about those ornaments.

• Thanks 1

Well, at least he was embarrassed.  Our gym teacher use to make us open our towels when we came out of the shower to make sure we did shower.  Now a days that would not go, but back then, we were stupid.  We wore those suits all thru High School.

Yeah I do need to get more leaves and such for the tree.

It is fun to hear about others.

We had to shower in Jr High and we were giving a number I was 26 since they went in alphabet order we all would just round around the circle sprinklers real quick and gave our numbers as we came out for those monthly things we had to do a half shower and just wash under our arms real quick and state our number and say half shower. I really hated that shower thing let alone undressing in front of people.🤬

• Thanks 1

Love that tree Mary Jo! I always look forward to when you change decorations to see your creations and of course Christmas is my fave of all your decorations. I do love fall though and can't wait for it to cool down here in Arizona! I usually get a bumper growth of roses in the Fall and Spring but this year there are only 3 rose bushes instead of over at the previous house. We also went back to school in northern Calif the Tuesday after Labor Day. Now, they start in mid-August here, the hottest part of the summer.

What really fries my ham is seeing winter clothes already in the stores here when it's over 100⁰F outside! Needless to say, I have stayed indoors a lot this summer- LOL!

Keep up the great decorations Mary Jo. We love them!

• Thanks 1

I think the reason we started in Sept., was because our schools did not have AC.  You want some air?  We will open the windows.  They either pushed up or pushed out, depending on the age of the school.

Thank you all.  I have bought some new leave garland.  Mine is falling apart.  The new ones light up and they are batter operated.