Alternatives to brands owned by Yarnspirations

Kittaly

I was at Red Heart's site not too long ago and it was still Red Heart, what the heck? I can't stand Yarnspirations because they totally ruined the color selection of the Caron One Pounders when they acquired them a few years ago. I was forced to switch to Red Heart for the color selection even though it's inferior yarn for amigurumi. Now I find they snapped up Red Heart too.

Please can anyone suggest a company not owed by them that has a large selection of colors for acrylic? I've had it with that company. My only requirement is if it's an overseas company they need to ship to the US.

Thanks in advance

Kittaly

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kittaly said:

Please can anyone suggest a company not owed by them that has a large selection of colors for acrylic?

You can check Knit Picks Brava yarn; Lion Brand....; Hobby Lobby-I love This Yarn and Herrschners brand(large selection of colors} and maybe Mary Maxim.  Not sure who the underlying manufacturers are of any of these yarns.

Edited by NCcountrygal
close parantheses

Sorry for the delay in reply. Lion and Hobby Lobby were the first places I looked and as far as I could tell neither had the color range I need. I won't mix yarn brands with in a project. I will look into the others more deeply but at first glance they didn't have enough range either.

Anyway thanks guys.

Welcome to the old Peaches & Cream problem.  They bought out the company and got rid of a lot of the colors.  Not to be found.  Sometimes you have to just bite the Bullitt and change colors.

How about Willow Yarns:  https://www.willowyarns.com/category/yarn/all+yarns.do

Just another thought.