New and looking for help

Gaylala13

Hi, I was taught ONE stitch 20+ years ago and decided with the internet, I can learn more and get back into it.  I have already taught myself so much, but teaching myself to read patterns is not very easy.  I can read diagrams pretty well though. I want to make some really nice blankets for Christmas presents. I have found a pattern I really like, and it probably really super simple, but I just can't figure it out. I have tried diagramming it out on graph paper and I can't get things to line up correctly. I think I am just a very visual person and I need to see that diagram. I reached out to the person whose website I found the pattern on and asked if it was available in a diagram, but the reply was that the pattern is free on her website. So... I am now searching for a seasoned crocheter to help me diagram this simple pattern for me. I am a total beginner and I think this is a REALLY simple pattern that only consists of SC, CH, some skips and bobbles. It's the counting part I need help with.  

Welcome to the 'ville!  Could you link to the pattern? Not promising anything but I'll take a look at it.  

By the way, are you in the US?  This site has a wealth of info on US knit and crochet pattern writing standards https://www.craftyarncouncil.com/standards

Check out the menu on the right side - 'crochet patterns, how to read', it might be helpful.  

Hi  Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.

Edited by Tampa Doll

:welcome to the 'ville.  I am so glad you decided to join us.  We love seeing photos and hearing about everyone's projects (even non crochet projects)!  I love the inspiration, encouragement and motivation that I have received from fellow members here.  I hope you will join in on the chatter in the CAL's so we get to know you better. 

Here is the link for our help section where we can try to walk you thru the pattern.  Include the link to the pattern since its free. On some patterns I have found that if I try to read and picture it all in my mind its too overwhelming but if I just pick up my hook and yarn and do what it says it works out.

https://forum.crochetville.com/forum/24-crochet-help/

• 3 weeks later...