Edgerallenpoedameron

Ending up with too many stitches in magic round

Question

Posted (edited)

So I am working on: https://kiraraatelier.blogspot.com/2017/07/mimikyus-pattern-crochet.html

I am at the ears part, where you start in magic round 6 then go 6 sc for a few rounds. I think I start off ok with the magic circle but by the time I get to the end I end up with about 12 sc in each sc when its only still suppose to be 6. I don't have any idea what is going wrong, has anyone else had this problem? I'm also working in black yarn so it is very hard to see. I put a very bright light on to help, but I still end up with too many stitches in the round.

Edited by Edgerallenpoedameron

3 answers to this question

Ugh, black yarn and dark colors in general, I hear you (especially the older I get...).

All I can think of is --are you using a stitch marker, to mark the first stitch of the round?  It is going to be a bit more awkward than the head, which starts out sort of flat, versus the skinny tube-like ears.  I like to use bobby pins, they are cheap and stay put, and you can flip them out of the way for the most part.

1 hour ago, Granny Square said:

Ugh, black yarn and dark colors in general, I hear you (especially the older I get...).

All I can think of is --are you using a stitch marker, to mark the first stitch of the round?  It is going to be a bit more awkward than the head, which starts out sort of flat, versus the skinny tube-like ears.  I like to use bobby pins, they are cheap and stay put, and you can flip them out of the way for the most part.

Bobby pins are the best, I use them always as stitch markers They are easy & fast to put them in & out.

Krys