After about 8 months I was able to Log-in here.

Probably will not last long and I will get block again LOL

Krys

Oh my gosh its Krys!  I am so glad you are back.

We just had a forum upgrade so maybe that has fixed the blocking problem.  If not Donna has returned and has made sure the contact us place on the page where you log in works and she is here to monitor it.

Posted (edited)

Hi Brenda:),

Donna helped me to get here.  That upgrade  about a year ago or so was very bad. Good thing Donna is back.

How are you doing?. Are you still crocheting those mini stockings?. I remember you been crocheting many of them each year :).

I was not crocheting lately. I did crochet 2 hats this year for a little girl.  I was too lazy to take a picture. My friend told me she will take a picture so she can sent that to her daughter before she will ship that. I ask her to send me that picture since I did not took any. I am laughing now to even think about that. Because she took that picture with those plastic ziplocks  on I give to her LOL. 

Last year after my little Cesar died I did crochet 4 dozen  (48) of those pets blankets to donate to Pet Shelters in Memory of my baby Cesar. I miss him a lot :(. I got some pictures of all those blankets. Pictures did not came out very good. It was just too many of those blankets to put all of them in a circle for that picture. I took those pictures in my back yard on a grass. It was a very hot day in 90's. I was coming back home every 30 min. or so to stick my head in a freezer.  Yes, I was doing that LOL.  

I been looking for someone maybe a professional place to "Super Impose" Cesar picture in a middle of that circle of blankets with some text on a bottom that was crochet in his memory or something like that..?. So far I was not able to find place to do that. I will still try...

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

That will be a lovely picture with Cesar and those blankets.  I hope you find someone to do it.  One would think it would be easy finding someone to make the picture.   My ancient computer came with photo editing software that would do things like that.  I miss that computer.  

I have mailed off 150 mini stockings so far and have a few more made. I have made a few afghans for Project Linus.  Dh and I are downsizing and moving to a senior place.  We have a hold on a duplex there and we have a contract on our place working through the title company.  Its a bit overwhelming now but its a good move for many reasons.  

Good to see you back! All those blankets were a great way to remember Cesar. 

3 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Good to see you back! All those blankets were a great way to remember Cesar. 

Thank you!

Krys

11 hours ago, bgs said:

That will be a lovely picture with Cesar and those blankets.  I hope you find someone to do it.  One would think it would be easy finding someone to make the picture.   My ancient computer came with photo editing software that would do things like that.  I miss that computer.  

I have mailed off 150 mini stockings so far and have a few more made. I have made a few afghans for Project Linus.  Dh and I are downsizing and moving to a senior place.  We have a hold on a duplex there and we have a contract on our place working through the title company.  Its a bit overwhelming now but its a good move for many reasons.  

WOW!! 150 more mini stockings, that is a lot! :)

I am planning to donate at least half of my yarn stash. The only thing I really liked to crochet is amigurami.  That takes a lot of time to make but not much yarn. I think I bought enough of that yarn probably for couple life times.  Lately I been very "busy" buying wreath supplies.. LOL.   For the past year or so I got interested in Deco Mesh wreaths. One more hobby and more stuff comes with that. That probably would not be smart to just on adding stuff if that can not be used.

Brenda I think you are doing the right thing by moving to smaller place. I really wish I could down downsize, I should done that long time ago. It is just all those memories what keeps me in this big house. I been living in this house for long time, over 30 years. My two children grow up here. And all those memories of my husband & my mother... It is a lot of work and cost a lot to keep up with everything.  Hopefully one of this days I will get enough "courage" to sell this place!.

About that picture of those blankets & Cesar. I know I will find someone to do that. Maybe I just did not tried hard enough, I was just busy with other stuff..  I need to have that done they way I would like.  Couple of my friends know how to do that,  they tried to help me.  The problem is, their work is not very good LOL.

Krys 

I'm so sorry, Krys, but I'm glad you're back!

Should be no more blocking issues... I think we have gotten past that problem with the software. I'm fairly certain that was on our old web host and now we are being hosted on a different platform.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Caesar. What a wonderful way to honor him by making blankets for pet shelters.

20 minutes ago, Donna said:

I'm so sorry, Krys, but I'm glad you're back!

Should be no more blocking issues... I think we have gotten past that problem with the software. I'm fairly certain that was on our old web host and now we are being hosted on a different platform.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Caesar. What a wonderful way to honor him by making blankets for pet shelters.

Donna I am happy to hear that  blocking problems got resolved. Not mentioning all those new passwords I had to get each time I was trying to get here..

I will post a picture here of all those blankets, I would prefer to wait until I have Cesar in a middle.

Thank you very much:)

Krys

• Like 1

Just now, USpolishgirl said:

I will post a picture here of all those blankets, I would prefer to wait until I have Cesar in a middle.

That is very sweet. I hope you find someone who can make this picture. Pets are such an important part of our lives. ❤️

• Like 1

Hi Krys.  Glad to see you are back and things seem to be going well.

I can't wait to see the picture with Cesar in the middle.

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Hi Krys.  Glad to see you are back and things seem to be going well.

I can't wait to see the picture with Cesar in the middle.

Thank you Mary Jo :)

Yes I finally was able to log-in!.

Me too, I can't wait to see my  little baby with all those blankets.  I know I will start crying again..

Here is one of the photo places that I contacted I thought they would do that "Super Impose", they do not do that.

I will be back there once I get that picture done. They do very nice things.. I just LOVE those "Atrium Acrylic Blocks" they can make them in many different sizes. That Acrylic Block would  look great on my desk. I will get some framed photos & few regular photos for my photo album & to give some to my kids & grandkids. Maybe Acrylic paper weights for grandkids?. Here is a link to those Blocks: https://www.myphoto.com/products/acrylic/table-top/acrylic-block   I know you will like them too :).

What are you working on now? :)

Krys

Krys I did try a couple of projects back when I had the software and it took me several hours to get the image of my neighbor's Bostons lifted from a photo so I could make a shirt transfer.  I would hope someone that knew and worked with the software could do it much faster and do a good job.

I loved the deco mesh wreaths you were showing us before you got blocked.  I would like making them but I dont want to start something else that I have to  buy new supplies when I already have so much other stuff.  

I did not want to move but dh was insisting.  We have 5 acres in a rural area.  Its getting harder and harder to keep the place mowed, dead trees cut down and brush trimmed.  Most anytime we get in the car its an 80 to 100 mile round trip. It would not be good for me to be here if something happened to dh first. The move  puts us closer to my one niece and two sisters and pretty much everything we do.  My other niece and nephew's grandma just moved to assisted living there.  They can visit both of us in one trip!  The place we are moving to has a gym, aqua center, outdoor pool and another small indoor pool, 9 hole golf course,  lake, bowling alley, movie theater, 7 restaurants, lots of hobby groups, transportation around the village and off site.  The neighbor wants the place and has the money so its better to get out now so we didnt have to fix anything and clean it out to list it.

I am so glad you are back.  

Posted (edited)

Brenda after I read all of that I am sure your husband is right to move out of there. You do not want to wait until one of you get ill or maybe too old to make that move.  That is way too many acres to take care of. Even for a young person who is working full time. And so far away from everything..:(

Now you will have a pool, golf course and much more.....:). Yes from the begging  you will be missing your old place because was bigger. After while you will be happy that you done that move. You and your husband will meet new friends, your family will come to visit you will be fine. Now that place where are you living is sounds it is in a middle of nowhere, very far to get anywhere.

About those deco mesh wreaths, do not start with that...  That hobby needs a lot more space for everything. Even working space, you can not create  deco mesh wreath  seating on a chair LOL.  For crocheting the only tools you need most of the time is: hook, scissors and a needle.  It is not that simple with wreath making. And you sure need a lot bigger storage space for all supplies than just a yarn.  One more thing I need to ad here: making wreaths is not that relaxing as crocheting.  I guess the only "reward" comes on the end when I look at that finish project and I like what I see :).

From reading other post looks like your moving date is very close.

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

Welcome back!! :) 

I had no idea people were having problems still with getting into the ville. Glad it's all fixed now. 

We survived wintering in Wisconsin in the RV. This year, we are in Arizona. :) 

Posted (edited)

I am sure Arizona will be a lot better place for you to spend winter :). Summers are way to hot.

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

Yes it is hot! But we are in the mountains so its 10-15 degrees cooler here than Phoenix.

Krys all the reasons that you listed are what stops me from pursuing other crafts.  As it is I dont get around to stiffening my thread projects because its messy and I have to do it in the kitchen.  I can sit in the living room and crochet any time of the day and while watching tv.  I can carry it with me in the car.  I can always find a charity in need of most anything I crochet.  

I am looking forward to life after the move.  Just getting thru the process is hard.  There are a few things I will miss here like the birds especially the hummingbirds, the cats that moved into our shed and flowers and bushes I set out.  Many were starts from my grandma, dad, and dear friends who are all long gone. I will not miss the dust off this road and the ticks.  I think my health will improve.  Before I came out here I spent an hour every day exercising in the pool plus walked 6 miles or bicycled 12.  No more the both of us spending two hard days shoveling snow after those record snowfalls that are now coming more frequently.  Dh is keeping one of the shovels in case they dont get our walk and drive shoveled out fast enough to suit him but that is going to be soooo easy compared to here.  I think its going to be easy getting used to picking up the phone to have someone come repace a lightbulb in the ceiling.  It is definitely a very different life.  We have been reading the info they have given us and asking lots of questions as there are a whole lot of rules right down to the color of curtains and drapes should you decide to have them.  

On 8/10/2019 at 8:58 PM, USpolishgirl said:

About those deco mesh wreaths, do not start with that... 

My goodness, I got a laugh out of this! :rofl Probably because it is so true about so many things.

• Like 1