Bernice Prinsloo

Question

My sister is having Twins and I am just a beginner.

I found a step-by-step pattern for baby booties...

But now I am a bit stuck.

4th rnd: Ch1. (Done) 1sc in same sp as last sl st. (Done) 1sc in each of next 11 sts. (Done)1hdc in each of the next 2 sts.(Done) (dc2tog) 4 times.

I know how to (DC2tog) BUT I am afraid to work over 8sts and then lose the pattern...

PLEASE HELP!

3 answers to this question

Happycrocheter, that link went someplace that looked suspicious, link may have a typo?

In any event Bernice, have you ever used stitch markers?  If you are afraid you are going to 'get lost', it might help you to mark a stitch that will help you keep your place, for example the first stitch in the round, the first and last stitch of that decrease area - whatever makes sense to you to keep you oriented.  I like to use bobby pins, they are cheap so I don't mind if I lose one, but I rarely do as they stay put fairly well.  Some people use a short length of contrasting scrap yarn pulled into a stitch (and easily pulled back out) as a stitch marker; I never have, but I can see that being handy to use different colors to "code" multiple marked spots.

Also, while it IS possible to DC8tog in one action, you are DC2tog 4 times, so decreasing over only 2 stitches at a time so is a more gradual shaping.

9 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Happycrocheter, that link went someplace that looked suspicious, link may have a typo?

Happycrocheter2019 has been flagged as a spammer and all posts removed. All of that member's posts were shortlinks to another shortlink site (where you can earn money by posting shortlinks) that led to sites that were suspicious.

After clicking the first link and exiting as quickly as I could because it looked suspicious, I used checkshorturl.com to find out where the links were going without having to click them.

Edited by Donna
  • Like 1