Help with Helen Heaverin baby baseball hat

Sunni1960

Question

Ladies I could use some help. I have the ball cap portion done. Has anyone else made this? I am having trouble with adding the brim. I am a visual learner and can not understand the section where it says she folds in half and has 2 fpdc and 3 DC between and I am totally lost on the sc on the side of previous round on the side of the brim sc in each 2 DC of hat. My grandson is due anyday. Please help. Tia

20190806_074036.jpg

2 answers to this question

So the pertinent lines of the pattern are:

"Place stitch marker on either side of hat where the brim will be. This is where the brim will end when completed.  Note: I folded the hat in half evenly and placed stitch markers over the fpdc on either side, leaving 2 fpdc lines and 3 dc spaces in between."

So looking at the pattern photos, which shows the hat at several angles, you can see that the beginning and end of the brim (where it attaches to the hat) are at a line of raised post stitches.  Between the first and last stitch of the brim, not counting the post stitches begin and end in, there is a span of 3 DC, 1 post, 3 DC, 1 post, 3 DC.

Edited by Granny Square