Baby blankets, etc.

judianne

The white blanket is a christening blanket for my church (Drunken Granny pattern), the others are going to the NICU where my neighbor, an RN, works.

image.png

IMG_20190706_153014609.thumb.jpg.6b8e72b2cd221a14935bcef3aa64d4b2.jpg

IMG_20190624_185706946_HDR.jpg

Edited by judianne
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, bgs said:

All so nicely done!  Love the drunken granny stitch pattern and how you masterfully arranged the colors on the others.  Your work is inspirational.

Never heard of the drunken granny stitch that is interesting.🤨  They sure look pretty though.

Edited by HappyEndings

On 7/30/2019 at 10:15 AM, bgs said:

All so nicely done!  Love the drunken granny stitch pattern and how you masterfully arranged the colors on the others.  Your work is inspirational.

Thanks! I had a too thin yarn I wasn't going to use, so added it to 4 ply - very squishy - and the nurses in the unit love when they get colorful blankets.

On 7/30/2019 at 10:21 AM, HappyEndings said:

Never heard of the drunken granny stitch that is interesting.🤨  They sure look pretty though.

I hadn't either - one lady in the church group told me about it. The tutorial is the best one I've ever seen, as far a crochet patterns are concerned.

On 7/30/2019 at 10:46 AM, Gardener said:

Beautiful blankets!

Thanks!

On 7/30/2019 at 11:50 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

I always enjoy seeing your blankets. Such a variety and always pretty.

Thank  you.

On 7/30/2019 at 6:28 PM, cshort said:

Those are so pretty, I know they will be appreciated.

Thanks. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a toddler size blanket....yarn purchased by  my friend. The Patchwork Heart site inspires me...

And a firetruck graph ghan....crib size, for my veterinarian, who is amazing!  I made her a different, girlie one three years ago before she had her DD. Sorry, but not allowed to share the patterns....

IMG_20190810_070120539.jpg

IMG_20190816_162335220.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/16/2019 at 5:48 PM, HappyEndings said:

Too bad you can share the pattern on these especially the gray and blue blanket they are really very nice.:applause

Sorry----the granny square ghan is simple and public. I made 7 rounds , turning after each round to avoid a wonky look,, and working from the corner so the chain 3 isn't obvious, as you go to the next round. I didn't chain between granny clusters (3 stitches) only used a chain 1 at the corners. 

• Like 1