decreasing with baby booties

brif

Question

Hi! I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've been *attempting* to make some baby booties for my soon-to-be niece. I've found that when I come to the top of the shoe and have to decrease - I get lumping or bubbling. I've tried standard decrease and invisible decrease using the front loops only. I'll take any and all suggestions!! I have a picture but can't figure out if there is a way to attach it.

Here is the pattern I'm using: http://www.hopefulhoney.com/2016/09/pink-lady-baby-booties-free-crochet.html

Thanks in advance!!!

2 answers to this question

Not sure I can help on your decreases but to attach your photo while you are in the reply box go down and click on the paperclip click to choose files.  Then select where your photo will be coming from and select photo.  Your photo will then upload.  After it uploads select the + on your photo and it is added to your post.  At least that is how it works on my phone.

Edited by bgs

Those are cute!  Oh, and welcome to the 'ville, and congrats on your approaching aunt-hood!

I am sort of old school and am on a Windows PC and can't tell you how it works on a tablet or phone, but for PC you need to have the pic on the PC somewhere, or on a drive the PC can read (example, I have a Camera SD card that acts like a memory stick you'd plug into your pc, except I plug in my printer  and PC can read it from the printer).

Below the white area where you type in a post there's a grey bar that says "Drag files here to attach, or choose files".  What I do is reduce the size of my C'ville web browser screen to a smaller size, then bring up the 'wherever place' the pic is on in the other half of the screen, and drag the pic's icon to the grey bar in the post.  Or you if you click 'choose files' you can navigate to the folder and click on the file.  

Meanwhile, I can see the decreases on the instep of the pattern photo, it's obvious to a crocheter that decreases are there but it doesn't look bad or wrong in any way.  I think the transition from SC to DC also draws attention to that spot, but I think that was done for extra coverage there.  Maybe try just that area with a smaller hook?

Edited by Granny Square