greyhoundgrandma

Phoenix blanket

This is going to be one beautiful blanket.  I love that yarn and they have so many color combos.

• Like 1

Mona pretty square.  Its going to be interesting to see how different they look as the colors keep changing.

That is a pretty square, the blanket is going to be beautiful.

Thanks, it's actually the first part of a cal, so the square will just keep getting bigger. I though I would have fewer ends to weave in using the Mandala instead of a different color each round, but some of the rounds have to be fastened off and started in a different place.

https://www.hookedonsunshine.co/phoenix-cal/

• Like 1

Thats a pretty pattern.  Its going to be fascinating seeing how the color changes work out.

Mona ~ Beautiful work!  Can't wait to see it grow. :yes

• Like 1

The starting square is very pretty. Can't wait to see how beautiful it turns out.

It will be pretty!

Wow! It's going to be very pretty. The colors will really pop on that one. Funny, I was just now downloading that pattern as the pattern author will be taking it down soon as a free pattern and selling it. I saw a photo of one made in a solid color and it was gorgeous also.

Have you figured out how many cakes you'll need to complete this afghan in the Mandala yarn? Curious minds want to know. 😁

It calls for dk and Mandala is #3, so I figured that should be about the same. I just did the numbers on grams to ounces and came up with 14 skeins. (Assuming I can add this late in the day. LOL) I ordered 17 skeins but don't remember how I came up with that number. Yardage would probably be a more accurate measure, but I didn't go there. 

I just grabbed this pattern while it is still free.  Now I need to think about colors.

Mona, your square looks awesome.

I don't know if it's in the pattern or I goofed on some rows.  I had to fudge to keep my sts and count correct.  ie skip 2 sc but I'm short one (not the "hidden"one causing problem)

Has anybody else, that's started noticed?  I'm on part 2,round 17.  Taking a break and going to finish virus shawl.

I've only finished row 15. Hope to work on it later today.

I just finished round 17 and my stitches came out correctly. 

So pretty! Love the textures in this pattern.

It's getting big. I've finished part 7--round 73.

20190913_183604.jpg

• Like 1