Phoenix blanket

greyhoundgrandma

Thanks, it's actually the first part of a cal, so the square will just keep getting bigger. I though I would have fewer ends to weave in using the Mandala instead of a different color each round, but some of the rounds have to be fastened off and started in a different place.

https://www.hookedonsunshine.co/phoenix-cal/

• Like 1

Wow! It's going to be very pretty. The colors will really pop on that one. Funny, I was just now downloading that pattern as the pattern author will be taking it down soon as a free pattern and selling it. I saw a photo of one made in a solid color and it was gorgeous also.

Have you figured out how many cakes you'll need to complete this afghan in the Mandala yarn? Curious minds want to know. 😁

It calls for dk and Mandala is #3, so I figured that should be about the same. I just did the numbers on grams to ounces and came up with 14 skeins. (Assuming I can add this late in the day. LOL) I ordered 17 skeins but don't remember how I came up with that number. Yardage would probably be a more accurate measure, but I didn't go there. 

I don't know if it's in the pattern or I goofed on some rows.  I had to fudge to keep my sts and count correct.  ie skip 2 sc but I'm short one (not the "hidden"one causing problem)

Has anybody else, that's started noticed?  I'm on part 2,round 17.  Taking a break and going to finish virus shawl.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...