Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'm Luke. I'm a beginner and I'm currently working my way through The Granny Square Book 2nd edition :)

Edited by l0g0p7

Luke welcome to Crochetville.  Granny squares are a great way to work on building your crochet skills.  I prefer smaller projects myself.  We love seeing photos and hearing about everyones work.  There is a show and tell section for that.  Hope you join in on the chatter in the CAL' s (crochet alongs).  I saw your request for help and had a couple of questions for you that will hopefully help us to better help you.

• Like 1

HI Brenda,

Oh! ok cool. I'll have to have a look at that section and maybe post a few things :) 

Thank you for the warm welcome

Luke

Hi, Luke! Welcome to Crochetville! :welcome  We love granny squares here. :yes

• Thanks 1

Hello and welcome to Crochetville!

• Thanks 1

Thank you both Donna and cshort for your warm welcomes. I don't suppose you were able to have a look at my question post?

Hello from Mississippi!  What are you planning to do with the granny squares--a blanket?

Hi  Luke and Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

I have just gotten on, but I will look.  I love granny squares.  As Brenda said a great way to hone your skills. 

1 hour ago, l0g0p7 said:

Thank you both Donna and cshort for your warm welcomes. I don't suppose you were able to have a look at my question post?

I saw your question post but wasn't quite sure how to answer at the moment. And honestly, (don't tell anybody 😉 ) I was being a little lazy because @Granny Square is so good at answering these types of questions when she gets on here. My advice would be feeble compared to hers, but I'll hop over there and put my two cents in.

Aw shucks, Donna, thanks!  And welcome Luke, I'll go find your other post and try my best  :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Donna said:

I saw your question post but wasn't quite sure how to answer at the moment. And honestly, (don't tell anybody 😉 ) I was being a little lazy because @Granny Square is so good at answering these types of questions when she gets on here. My advice would be feeble compared to hers, but I'll hop over there and put my two cents in.

I feel the same way about Granny Square and feel very lucky she is here.  I learn a lot from reading her replies to requests for help.  I try to jump in and help when I can but often I can only ask for basic information so it will be there when she checks in.

• Like 2

Welcome and I love doing Granny Squares too. :welcome

@Granny Square You're welcome! It's the truth. Like @bgs Brenda said, we are lucky to have you here.

• Like 1