Sign in to follow this  
catwoman

HoneyComb Cowl Pattern questions

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi. 😀 I having trouble with this pattern here on raverly https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-honeycomb---the-cowl-neckwarmer

I think it might have errors in the pattern itself. It says to repeat rounds 2-25 but i think it should be 10 to 25 .sm22.gif

I also had to rip back afew rounds because repeating the round 10 to 25 for 2 more time was way too much rounds.sm19.gif

By the picture of the cowl it should just be 5 rounds of cable but how does a person do the last round of cable before changing color so that it is like the picture? sm26.gif

What do you think i should do?

Edited by catwoman

1 answer to this question

I haven't really analyzed this, and have never done a honeycomb pattern but what caught my eye was that the row numbering started over.  Row 1-7 was ribbing, then row 8 changed color but continued with the ribbing stitch pattern, then the next row is row 1 again.  So the pattern is right saying repeat from the SECOND row 2 to 25 (and the second row 2 would be row 10 if it hadn't started renumbering)

The cable repeat is way more than 5 rounds.  Look at the middle photo on the pattern page hit the + button to blow up the pic and count the rows.  A repeat is really 2 rows of 'bubbles', because they are offset from each other.  A 15 row repeat looks about right.  BUT, I think I see what you mean, the repeat in the photo looks like 2.5 repeats, not 3.  There are 5 rows of bubbles, not 6.

I guess what I'd do to make it look like the photo is 'eyeball' it and stop in approximately the the same row, by that time the pattern is established you can see within a row or 2 where to stop to have it look the same as where the first row of bubbles meet the ribbing (but it will be offset).  The only other thing to watch for is when you start the final ribbing (and again this should be apparent) is that it matches up to the bubble outline.