Flower pattern help

Logonzal21

Question

6 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  Starting with the last photo, that appears to be a classic 'Irish rose' variation that changes color with each petal.  The crafter seems to have made very loose and lofty stitches.

Here is a search for 'Irish rose' on Ravelry; if you are not a member it may not retain the search term.  Type 'Irish rose' in the search box, and choose 'free' in the availability menu to the left.  Note this site is not all about posting patterns, or selling them, and they are not all available on line (example, could be a pattern in an out-of-print book, which you might want to chase down on eBay or where ever.  The 'free' search filter is usually accurate, but sometimes may have been free at one time but may not have been updated when it ceased to be available.

Anyway, try searching for 'leaf' on the above site, there are several pages.  I didn't spot one like your photo in the first couple of pages, but there were a lot of interesting examples there.

The round motifs look to me like they might be a flower 'motif' meant for a bedspread.  On the same site, type 'flower', then 'motif', then 'round' (without the quotes).  On the last 2 words, it will come up with the prompt 'attribute-motif?' and 'attribute-in the round?', click yes for both (this means it's part of the description/construction, not the pattern name).  Most of these are going to be squared off circles, but there are some circles in there, or one could stop before squaring them off.

? That is odd, as far as I know you should be able to register on Ravelry.  They are good about posting notices when there are issues;  I know recently they were targeted by scammers, and the site asked some members to change their passwords or new members may be advised to use a different password (as I understand it, there is some database of stolen or commonly used passwords that are unsafe, the Rav site owners are trying to protect their members).

Granny Square I heard that Ravelry was suspending registration for awhile in response to the overwhelming problems they were having in regards to what turned out to be a very controversial policy change/enforcement.  It even made the world news and late night comedy.  So thankful for the no politics policy here.

Edited by bgs

Oh, oops I overlooked the registration suspension part of the Ravelry announcement, makes sense - thanks ladies for filling in the blanks.  (I knew the reason for the password stuff, but I was trying to keep my explanation brief here).

Yes, it is nice that the most heated arguments here concern acrylic versus wool! :lol