Kitchen BBQ Basket

Tampa Doll

I started out making this for the 4th, then I decided it needed something bright, hence the flower scrubby.

I am not sure where I am sending it. Either my SIL or my Sister.

So Happy 4th and Happy BBQ Season.

There are 4 coasters, 2 potholders, a jar opener  and a scrubby.

Kitchen Basket (1).JPG

Kitchen Basket (2).JPG

• Like 4

Thank you all.  The pattern for the basket has a handle, but I decided not to add it.  I guess I could add one on each end, but decided NAH!

The coasters are a free pattern on Moogley.  They have some cool patterns.

The basket and the scrubby are in CrochetWorld 2008.  It is the basket for the June Bride.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mary Jo,

I love your basket and everything in it. Please could you tell me how or where there might be patterns for the jar openers?

Thank you,

Y.Marie

2 hours ago, Y.Marie said:

Hi Mary Jo,

I love your basket and everything in it. Please could you tell me how or where there might be patterns for the jar openers?

Thank you,

Y.Marie

Thank you.  The jar openers is no pattern.  I was given one as a gift from bgs here.  I took some Rubbermaid shelf liner, cut a square and crocheted around it.  Sc on first row and then sc ch2 on the next.  Maybe bgs has a pattern, but that is all I did.

5 hours ago, Y.Marie said:

Hi Mary Jo.

Thank you so much. I'll try that. Dumb here what is or who is bgs?

That would be me.  I think this is where I found the pattern 

https://traversebaycrochet-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/traversebaycrochet.com/2018/02/13/crochet-jar-lid-opener/amp/?amp_js_v=0.1#

but here is another 

http://happytomake.blogspot.com/2011/11/how-to-make-easy-jar-opener-gripper.html?m=1

I have also seen photos of round ones. 

As Mary Jo said cut out a piece of shelf liner.  I found that the kind that was thick with the larger holes was easier to work with.  Single crochet around it and if you want add another row or border of your choosing.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 12:43 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Thank you.  The jar openers is no pattern.  I was given one as a gift from bgs here.  I took some Rubbermaid shelf liner, cut a square and crocheted around it.  Sc on first row and then sc ch2 on the next.  Maybe bgs has a pattern, but that is all I did.

You were my inspiration for the jar grippers! thank you. (and bgs-Brenda)  😊